Ok well I dont know much about Gshocks but here are my needs:
1) Ive been on a mini-buying spree lately, so I want to keep this relatively inexpensive - say under 80 bucks and a lot less if possible. Watch can be used, so that helps a ton.
2) I want to be able to switch out the rubber strap from a nato or some sort of more skin friendly substance. I cant do rubber when I workout...I sweat and get eczema if I wear rubber.
3) It should be workout friendly...looking for a gym watch. A pulse function would be AMAZING..not sure it is availible. Countown and or split would also be necessary.
4) I have a big wrist...big is good. Not really a problem for Gshocks though!
5) I prefer the more classic/90s styled G's...not a fan of some of the sleeker...less in your face styles...though I would consider as I find a lot of watches attractive.
I might just pick up one of those 5600? the really basic 1st gen looking Gshocks with those cool case backs. I would like to pick one up REALLY cheap though...like used for 15-20 bucks would be awesome if doable.