Hi all! This is my first time posting here. I need your advice.
So, I'm considering purchasing a new G-Shock. I currently own a G-Shock G5600CC-2. It's served me well for about four years now, but I feel like replacing it, because it's a bit worn out. Over the course of my time with it, I've managed to get it run over by a car... twice (I'm really clumsy). The band has a pretty deep tear in it, and the rubber shroud is a little scuffed up. I had to trim a bit of the damaged portion of the shroud off, to avoid it digging into my wrist. I'm also not a fan of the negative display, makes it difficult to read a lot of the time.
I'm torn between these two watches:
- The G-Shock GWM5610-1 - This is really similar to my old watch, in a good way. I'm a big fan of the dark grey and red colour scheme, and the positive display will help me read the time a lot better. I like the slim profile and its understated look. I'm worried that it's not that much of an upgrade though, like I'm throwing away money somehow.
- The G-Shock Mudman G9300-1 - This seems to me like more of an upgrade for the money. The colour scheme is practically the same, it has a positive display, and it has a bevy of new features. It looks bulky though, and I don't like that. Looks like it'll take being run over by a car more gracefully though.
Some things to note:
- I have set myself a budget of <600MYR (~<140USD).
- I live in Malaysia. Multiband 6 doesn't matter to me.
- I'm a student, so I'm not going jungle trekking or hiking anytime soon. All those sensors on the Mudman aren't really useful to me, except maybe the compass and thermometer.
So, which should I spring for? The GWM5610-1 or the Mudman? Or is there another watch I should consider? I'm looking for a positive display and preferably a grey/black colour scheme.
Thanks in advance!
TL:DR: GWM5610-1, Mudman G9300-1 or something else entirely?