HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

Thread: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member Nurse.IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    ILL
    Posts
    358

    HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    Please help me on my GW-9200J which I got from goodwill.
    I got it with nothing on display (blank screen). I thought it's just a battery change.
    But when I change the battery (CTL1616 from Pacparts) and AC reset, some part of the digits on the LCD are missing.
    All functions are OK including auto/manual sync.
    Picture below.
    Name:  9200J001.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  73.6 KB
    And how can I remove the cable here?
    Name:  9200J003.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  86.7 KB

    I saw some Kung's post before regarding MODs on Riseman, but the pictures are all gone.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raincouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,679

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    2 possibilities"

    - module not tight enough, try to tighten some screws to see if the missing parts of digits come up

    - dead pixel ?

    be careful when/if you take out the module, the red you circled the the latch that keep the sensor wire, I broke one of mine
    _________________
    Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.Oscar Wilde

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12,971

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    Yes most, if not all of Kung Fusions pictures are now gone since he closed an account that had them stored. His departure from the forum is sad but understandable. I personally have not opened a solar connections like that. I was lucky that the solar watches I have taken apart were connected with springs just touching the solar panel. Those modules just lifted out with no issues.
    Last edited by Rocat; December 19th, 2014 at 22:45.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Nurse.IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    ILL
    Posts
    358

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    2 possibilities"

    - module not tight enough, try to tighten some screws to see if the missing parts of digits come up

    - dead pixel ?

    be careful when/if you take out the module, the red you circled the the latch that keep the sensor wire, I broke one of mine
    How do i work on the latch? Is there a way to open it? Did you figure it out how to remove and reconnect it?
    I want to remove the module but that's my first problem.
    The second is the connection to the solar panel.
    If it's a dead pixel, what part should be replaced? Is it the LCD?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raincouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,679

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    Name:  9200J003.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  157.7 KB

    then pull out the cable, GENTLY
    _________________
    Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.Oscar Wilde

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raincouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,679

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    like every solar module, there are two springs from the module touching out to the solar panel, so just lift out the module after you remove the sensor-wire
    most of the time the springs won't drop out, but you need to pay attention to it just in case



    as for how to fix the pixel, I have no ideas, i have had 2 or 3 Gshocks with missing of digits myself, ending getting used G to get the module from there, as I realize that I am not skillful enough to open up a module
    _________________
    Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.Oscar Wilde

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    994

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Yes most, if not all of Kung Fusions pictures are now gone since he closed an account that had them stored. His departure from the forum is sad but understandable.
    Not the point of this thread, but I didn't understand why Kung deleted the image account for the mods. It was a treasure trove of information. I hope others think twice before nuking their images.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    365

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    The missing pixel could be due to the soft conductor piece touching connecting the lcd and the board not align or contacting properly. Make sure the module is closed up tightly.

  10. #9
    Member Nurse.IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    ILL
    Posts
    358

    Re: HELP PLS: GW-9200J RISEMAN PROBLEM

    Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    like every solar module, there are two springs from the module touching out to the solar panel, so just lift out the module after you remove the sensor-wire
    most of the time the springs won't drop out, but you need to pay attention to it just in case



    as for how to fix the pixel, I have no ideas, i have had 2 or 3 Gshocks with missing of digits myself, ending getting used G to get the module from there, as I realize that I am not skillful enough to open up a module
    Thanks for the tip, I finally removed the module but I will disassemble it later. I will try my luck with this module, it's my first time actually to disassemble a module like this. I noticed the digits with this module are still readable even if it is very inclined, about 20-40 degrees. Other module, it will appear some shadows of the digits if you look at it in a certain angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by rcaddict View Post
    The missing pixel could be due to the soft conductor piece touching connecting the lcd and the board not align or contacting properly. Make sure the module is closed up tightly.
    I am hoping it's just a misalignment problem or the most is LCD replacement. But getting to that will be my next challenge.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. REDUCED FSOT: $130 Casio G-Shock Riseman GW-9200J-1JF
      By AndrewSo in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: August 4th, 2010, 21:24
    2. Casio GShock Radio Atomic Controlled The G Riseman GW-9200J-1JF
      By rahul.creationwatches in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 12th, 2010, 06:02
    3. FS: Casio Riseman GW-9200J "Flying Squirrel" NOW $140!!!
      By Interceptor_RWB in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: December 4th, 2009, 12:53
    4. FS: Casio G-Shock RISEMAN GW-9200J-1JF
      By Bubba89000 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 3rd, 2009, 13:19
    5. CASIO G shock GW-9200J-1JF Riseman.
      By mally in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: January 24th, 2009, 20:31

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •