Help Request: Can't set Home City: OVW-600 Overland, similar to OCW-600 Oceanus, Mod: 4349
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sodamonkey
  • 2 Post By Hacknwind
  • 3 Post By Hacknwind

Thread: Help Request: Can't set Home City: OVW-600 Overland, similar to OCW-600 Oceanus, Mod: 4349

Help Request: Can't set Home City: OVW-600 Overland, similar to OCW-600 Oceanus, Mod: 4349

This is a four pusher watch: Japan and USA only atomic clock reception, chrono analog watch. Module 4349, photo next post.

It has the US cities/time zones and Tokyo only on the outside bezel.

If someone has access to the 4349 manual in English that would be super as I can't find it in English and Google translate gives me an error that it is too large when I try to translate it from Japanese.

Anyway, to set the Home City, which is essential for Atomic Clock Sych, all the manuals with similar modules say enter world time mode by pressing D (4 o'clock) from timekeeping mode, and that the world time will adjust (2 o'clock dial) and it does do that. They also say the the Chrono second hand will move to the current world-time city code on the bezel, which is does NOT. Then it says hit D to change the world time city selection. When I hit D (remember the chrono second hand doubles as a city code indicator and that it has NOT moved from 12 o'clock), all that happens is the world time advances 30 minutes with each press, as in the 2 o'clock dial advances 30 minutes. The chrono second hand never moves from 12 o'clock to indicate a new city.

Chrono second hand moves normally in Chronograph mode as in it operates normally as a stop watch.

I have successfully set the home positions of all the hands without a problem. I have adjusted several OCW-600's before this one, so I'm not sure whats going on.

Strange. Only thing I can think of is perhaps it's not sufficiently charged? Ill give it a full day in the sun tomorrow.

Anybody have an idea what's up?

If I posted this in the wrong place, simply slap hard and re-direct me to the new location ; ) Thank you for reading!
    Last edited by Hacknwind; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:32.
    Your focus is your reality - Qui-Gon Jinn

Re: Help Request: Can't set Home City: OVW-600 Overland, similar to OCW-600 Oceanus, Mod: 4349

Name:  image1-6.jpeg
Views: 42
Size:  855.7 KB

Re: Help Request: Can't set Home City: OVW-600 Overland, similar to OCW-600 Oceanus, Mod: 4349

@Hacknwind

No luck with 4349 or 4363 which are both on the same manual, but I did find one for the 4364 which is also an Oceanus and from what I can see is identical to yours?

Anyhow, here's the link to the manual for that one:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...sAqFvh9YokN9f2

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    GaryK30 likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! I'll check it out and report back. I appreciate it! I snooped around, I have two other watches with the same module, both working perfectly, so we'll get it figured out. Sometimes these JDM watches take a little more detective work. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I got these other two to synch with Ft. Collins, I think I had to use JJY Simulator on my iPhone. Which would mean I was never able to set the home city on the other watches either.....otherwise they would synch with the Colorado transmitter.....
    Last edited by Hacknwind; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:30.

Ha! I stumbled upon it! I was holding down A (11 o'clock) trying to set the time manually and it advanced the indicator (chrono second hand) hand from the most recent radio receive results to "TYO" and I stopped pressing A. Then I used D (4 o'clock) to advance the indicator hand to the proper city code in the US. My guess is this watch won't sych with TTY simulator anymore, but should Synch with Ft. Collins now. Ill give it more time in the sun and set it out in the window and see if it synchronizes tonight and report back. Thanks for the help!Name:  3x Casio Overland OVW600 sidebyside.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  129.7 KBName:  Casio Overland OVW600 white at angle.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  147.3 KB
    sodamonkey and memento_mori like this.

ALRIGHT! So confirmed as I suspected, not that there will be a ton of people that need this data, or many watches that are just US and Japan radio models. Nonetheless hopefully there are some Vintage Casio JDM fans that can use this. Also, I have no fear now of buying any WaveCeptor, no matter the country it's designed to work in. So this procedure is for early WaveCeptors that have Japan & US reception, you'll notice they don't have all the city codes around the outside bezel, just a few such as TKO, LAX, DEN, CHI and NYC. As I mentioned, when I pressed AND HELD "A" it beeped once and the indicator hand swept to the most recent receive results (NG (no good) or Get (for yes) OR newer watches say Y & N) after a second, it then beeped a second time and the world time dial begins to spin to "high noon" or 24. You can let go of A at the second beep, the world time hands continue their march. When the world time finishes, the indicator hand will move to the current selected home city (Yes!) and you can adjust from there using D or the 4 o'clock pusher. Press A when finished. As I suspected, when I adjusted the home city to LAX, it synched like a champ these last three nights (all three watches I adjusted) with no problems. Also, the watches no longer listen to the signal simulator of the Japan Atomic Clock. (Actually, they move to Ready and then Work, then back to Ready and back to Work, but never Synch because it's an incompatible radio signal, it's listening on the US signal now). Okay, I think we learned something here!

These early WaveCeptors are cool!

**Word of warning** you are using the indicator hand here for adjustments. I've seen this hand in particular be out of adjustment after prolonged storage, low battery condition or maybe because of conditions during shipping. Reset the Home Position of the hands BEFORE doing any other adjustments, (Home Position Adjustment is different than setting your home city, it's an alignment procedure and in every manual for a WaveCeptor watch) Otherwise, you cannot trust what the indicator hand and other hands are telling you, it can get terribly confusing!. Ask me how I know ; ) Hope that makes sense.

I'll try to show a photo of three synchronized watches.

Notice the watches all show a "Yoda-like" 6:45:15 on the 27th. The three handed models are Japan only, the Chronos are JDM but have US radio reception too, the second hand for those is the 6 o'clock dial. Second photo shows the chapter ring with the city codes, Y & N as well as R & W and On and Off for the alarm function.

Name:  IMG_1543.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  150.1 KBName:  IMG_1544.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  116.6 KB
    Last edited by Hacknwind; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:09.
    sodamonkey, GaryK30 and kenls like this.

Nice! I'm glad you got it sorted.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Thread Information