HELP: Reversing Mudman Display

Thread: HELP: Reversing Mudman Display

HELP: Reversing Mudman Display

Hey WUS,

This evening I tried reversing the display on my G9300-1 Mudman using the great tutorial in the tutorial section. Everything was going smooth, removed the polarizing film on the module and cleaned off all the glue. When I went to do a test fit with the new film, I noticed that the screen was blank. I tried resetting the battery and doing an AC reset, but still nothing. No blinking indicators for charging or anything, just a blank screen.

Anyone have ideas on what I could have messed up? Did I just trash my mudman ?

Re: HELP: Reversing Mudman Display

Two potentially dumb questions on MY end here, but....

1) Which of the two tutorials are you referring to, the video version or the https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ay-129102.html text-with-pictures version?

2) You ARE looking at the module through the new film, right? Without any polarizing film AT ALL, the module will appear blank, since the film is needed to make the numbers appear! (The text tutorial I linked above mentions and shows this "blank module" effect, I'm not sure if the video version does.)

1) I was using the text with oic version.

2) Yes, through the film.

It is a moot point now as I took the module completely apart and manage to crack the front glass and who knows what else. I am going to just get a nrw module sooner or later.

Thanks for the reply though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

wow, sorry for your lost... but you are not the only one who messed up while trying to mod' a G. I once took out the module of a 2300 and couldn't put it back ... am sure quite a few did the same too but they don't want to admit it

Haha maybe so.

I think some goof off got in behind the glass into the module and that is what messed things up.

Looking at packages, I'm just going to get a negative display module and save myself the trouble.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Ouch -- sorry to hear about the breakage as well.

For what it's worth, it sounds like you were doing everything correctly, at least! Sorry that it didn't work out, though.

Sorry for your loss. I have been wanting to turn my GW9010 Mudman into a negative display but this will give me pause. Good luck trying to even find a negative display GW9xxx Mudman. They seem to be as rare as hen's teeth.

I broke a couple valuable g-shocks while I was learning what to do and what not to do. Sorry for your loss but it is a learning experience so you did get something out of it.

I flipped a 9300 mudman display once (from negative to positive) and I would not do it again. Reasons:

-Moon phase will end up backwards. On the negative display models the moonphase is flipped so that it appears correct (what the moon looks like). If you flip the display on any 9300 you get a reversed moon (opposite of what it really looks like)

-flipping any display from factory to positive or negative will cause the display to appear blanked out when you look at it with polarized sunglasses. Since I wear polarized sunglasses outside this ruins the.watch for me...so I don't flip displays anymore

Sorry that happened. The most important thing when doing a mod is patience, patience, and more patience. It could have been a simple thing that we could have helped you fix and you probably didn't have to take the module apart.

I've lost sleep over many mods but I always know I'll figure it out if I just take my time. I've had G's sitting on my desk disassembled for weeks. If I don't have enough time to do it right I leave it alone.

Well we've all been there in the beginning and now atleast you know!

Thread Information