Help! Sales Protocol - Sold G-Shock doesn't work!

Thread: Help! Sales Protocol - Sold G-Shock doesn't work!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! Sales Protocol - Sold G-Shock doesn't work!

Okay, I sold a GW2500b-1 that I didn't wear very often. When I didn't wear it it was in my house in (Washington State) that didn't get much sun this spring. And when I did wear it it was under my heavy coat sleeve. It wasn't my thing and decided to sell it.

When I packaged it up, I noticed it said LOW in one of the displays. I figured it was because it hadn't seen the sun/light that much. I sent it and e-mailed the buyer that it showed LOW, but it should be okay.

Watch arrived at buyer and it doesn't work. No display, no movement, nothing. He left it in the sunlight for 3 hours yesterday and all day today. Still nothing. Is the watch toast or is it a simple fix?

I want to provide working watch and feel terrible. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
    DB

Re: Help! Sales Protocol - Sold G-Shock doesn't work!

I would expect a properly working G (even one with a discharged battery) to at least show minor signs of life after 10+ hours of sunlight.

Assuming the buyer really did provide the watch with hours of direct sunlight, not just setting it on the windowsill with indirect light, then I suppose there is potentially a problem with the watch or the battery. It is difficult to say though without knowing for a fact that a true effort has been made to charge it.

I would advise that in order to protect your good name, you should take the watch back and provide a refund. Once you get back, attempt to charge it. If it goes to H and holds a full charge, then feel free to resell it with a clear conscience.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Good advice from Simon.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Good advice from Simon.
    + 1

I would add that any seller that has a G Shock on low should charge it first to make sure there are no problems. I am suprised the battery did not come back.
    Last edited by JERSTERCA; July 21st, 2010 at 02:23.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Agree with the others, however make sure the seller did in fact put it in DIRECT sunlight. Huge difference maker. I placed my "low" g-2300 indirectly on a windowsill and it didn't budge from "low" even after a day or two.

Took it outside to the beach on a sunny day on my wrist and voila, straight up to "high" it went in a few hours.

I would explain to him if he wants the refund, no problem....BUT being that he has it in his posession and wanted it to begin with....try to charge it up in direct sunlight, these things could be a little finicky when on low.....

Definitely have the refund on the table though
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 4 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Yes, of course, the refund is on the table. But wanted to see if there was something I missed on solar charging. The watch never had any abnormal drops in charge before and it was a M when I listed it. It was literally as I packaged it after the transaction had taken place that someone I showed the watch to said "why does it say LOW?".

Anyway, am offering full refund, but buyer says he would buy it as a non-working watch at 40% of what it was sold for.

DB

Quote Originally Posted by Dungbeetle12 View Post
    ...Anyway, am offering full refund, but buyer says he would buy it as a non-working watch at 40% of what it was sold for.
    DB
    That sounds a bit odd. Is this someone that you know and trust?

If so, then ignore the rest of this message.

If not, perhaps you'd be better off just taking it back and refunding the money. That way, you can test the charging issue yourself, instead of giving a 60% refund for what might very well turn out to be a working item.

- Tim

Good advice. I have sold items on eBay and the few times customers were not satisfied, I accepted the items back and provided a refund.

It's good, fair business practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    I would expect a properly working G (even one with a discharged battery) to at least show minor signs of life after 10+ hours of sunlight.

Assuming the buyer really did provide the watch with hours of direct sunlight, not just setting it on the windowsill with indirect light, then I suppose there is potentially a problem with the watch or the battery. It is difficult to say though without knowing for a fact that a true effort has been made to charge it.

I would advise that in order to protect your good name, you should take the watch back and provide a refund. Once you get back, attempt to charge it. If it goes to H and holds a full charge, then feel free to resell it with a clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungbeetle12 View Post
    Anyway, am offering full refund, but buyer says he would buy it as a non-working watch at 40% of what it was sold for.

DB
    I definitely would not do that.

It would be very very rare for a modern Casio solar to just fail as alleged

Offer the refund but insist the watch is returned first. You might just find that a 'miracle' happens whilst in transit.

Mitch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information