Help in Selecting a G-Shock Watch
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help in Selecting a G-Shock Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help in Selecting a G-Shock Watch

I am a new member, so I apologize for anything covered before

I am considering the purchase of either a Casio Men's GWM5610-1 G-Shock Multi-Band Atomic Digital Sport Watch

or a

Casio Men's GW5600J-1 G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Watch

Which watch is better? The 5600 has a CTL 1616 battery but I can't find out what battery the 5610 has. Since both watches are solar and atomic I would assume the same rechargable battery? How long do these batteries last? I don't want to have to be changing a battery so what is the lifetime? The 5610 has more functions than the 5600 but that is not a concern to me and the 5600 is about half the cost and what am I getting for that price differential? Any help or links you can provide will be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Help in Selecting a G-Shock Watch

There could be deeper differences as I'm no expert but some of the ones that come to mind is price as you mentioned. The 5610 is newer and has a higher price. There are some really good deals to be found on the 5600 because of that.

The 5610 is multi-band 6 while the 5600 is only 5. Unless you routinely visit China, that's not a big deal.

Then, there is the color. The 5600 has more of a grey/black look to it while the 5610 has some slight blue and red trim. Again, not so much of a difference.

The only real difference I can think of is that the 5600 displays either the date or the day, but not both. The 5610 has "corrected" this problem by having date & day side by side at the same time. Because of this the trade-off is that the 5600 has slightly larger digits on the time display over the 5610, but not by much.

It maybe worth it to you to have the newest version and pay a premium for all the bells & whistles. Or, it may be better to save a few bucks. Your call really, both watches are great!
    Last edited by Nightshift; November 26th, 2012 at 22:22. Reason: paragraphs for easier reading

GW-M5610 is multiband 6 (Europe, US, Japan and China)
    GW-M5600 is multiband 5 (Europe, US, Japan)
    but
    GW-5600J will synch only in US and Japan.

Cheers, Piowa

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My GW-M5610R says hi!

Chrisek and sukispop like this.

lvt

If you like the watch, buy it, the atomic sync is mostly for fun.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I think I am going to go for the Casio Men's GWM5610-1 G-Shock Multi-Band Atomic Digital Sport Watch. My reasoning is that this watch shows both the day and the date at the same time, a feature I really like. Watch is a few dollars more but I like it a littler better than the Casio Men's GW5600J-1 G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Watch. I still can't find what kind of battery (capacitor) used on the watch although the 5600 (module 2924) uses a CTL 1616 and the 5610 is module 3159, but in the owner's manual it makes no reference to what battery (capacitor) it uses. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated as well as any other thoughts or comments you might have!

I really like the orange accents on that watch. I have the dark green one (gw-m5600a-3)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    I really like the orange accents on that watch. I have the dark green one (gw-m5600a-3)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    But so far I haven't seen any other pics here which is exactly the same color as mine. When I bought it here at a local G-Factory store, I also haven't seen it in any other stores so this model makes it more special to me. I presume the 5610R refers to rescue orange?
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Let me google that for you

Too hard to resist...
    I've lost/stolen/destroyed my older solar G's so I'm not sure how long they can keep recharging.

Welcome.
    2013: Android AD576BK Divemaster Espionage 2 | Vostok Amphibian 710059 | Vostok Amphibian 710634 | Vostok Amphibian 710526 | Momentum Base Layer (sapphire)
    2014: Maranez Layan | Vostok Amphibian 09013M | Casio MDV106-1A

2015: Vostok Amphibian 100657 | Vostok Amphibian 420914

I had the gw5600j but sold it because it couldn't show date and day at the same time. Still have and wear my gmw5600 daily. I just wish the gmw5600 had the same size display and font as the gw5600j. Again I find myself wishing they'd combine aspects of different models into one complete g-shock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information