Help setting Duel Time on Analog MRG 7100

Thread: Help setting Duel Time on Analog MRG 7100

Help setting Duel Time on Analog MRG 7100

Well leave it to me; I seem to have set my watch into a dual time mode or something and can't for the life of me get it back to my "home" time mode.

My home time "zone" is -6 and that is set correctly. The digital time is set correctly and is correct according to my other watches. Problem is that my hour hand is fast by one hour!

The only thing I can think of is that I'm in the "dual time" mode and the hour hand is indicating the hour set up for the "dual time" zone.O|O|O|O|O|

So right now, my digital is reading 8:53.00 which is correct by the hour hand is fast my one hour. Last night it was fine (I was playing with the functions) and the time and hour hands were correct. But during the night it synced with the atomic and the hour hand (analog) jumped up an hour.

How in the world to I get this back in my "home" zone?:-S:-S

The instructions don't help or I'm real stupid. Later is probably correct.

Help please!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by David_FL; March 4th, 2006 at 17:28.

buddha-g

Re: Help setting Duel Time on Analog MRG 7100

Just a wild off-my-head guess, but have you checked the DST setting whether it is ON or OFF? 1-hour difference seems suspicious for DST.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha-g
    Just a wild off-my-head guess, but have you checked the DST setting whether it is ON or OFF? 1-hour difference seems suspicious for DST.
    DST is set as off right now. Before it was set to "A". I thought that would be it too. But even in DST in the on position shouldn't the digital and the analog be the same?

David

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Help setting Duel Time on Analog MRG 7100

You can set the hands manually. I remember I had a same sort of problem on my GW-1210. Ater I had set the hands manualy, it always worked perfectly (also automatic swich between DST and normal time). The function shows most probably H.Set in the display.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thanks. It's set right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    You can set the hands manually. I remember I had a same sort of problem on my GW-1210. Ater I had set the hands manualy, it always worked perfectly (also automatic swich between DST and normal time). The function shows most probably H.Set in the display.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Fixed it! I had to adjust the 24 hour clock ahead by 23 hours and it's not the correct time on the digital and the analog hands.

David

Re: Thanks. It's set right now

Quote Originally Posted by David_FL
    Fixed it! I had to adjust the 24 hour clock ahead by 23 hours and it's not the correct time on the digital and the analog hands.

David
    Hi David,
    I received my watch. How do you set the analog hands? I can't read the manual. thanks

Here is a paraphrase of setting instructions for the MRG-7100. [x] indicates page x in the manual. I suggest referring to the Japanese manual for diagrams. I hope this helps!

[18]
    A = adjust button
    B = receiving button
    C = mode button
    D = light button

Top subdial = Stopwatch 1/20th time
    Left subdial = Battery strength
    Bottom subdial = 24 hour clock

[19]
    In time keeping mode, A switches between three modes:
    Hour:Minute Second (PM is marked with a P)
    Day_of_week Month-Day
    Year Month-Day

[20-21]
    Unless otherwise indicated, when pressing buttons, you should press them for less than 2 seconds, since pressing from 2-3 seconds may activate a different function.

C switches mode:

Time mode ->

Stopwatch mode (second hand rotates to top, display shows 00:00.00), p.46 ->

Record mode (lap is shown in display), p. 53 ->

Dual time mode (DIFF is shown in display), p. 56 ->

Alarm mode (AL may be shown in display), p. 60 ->

Handset mode (HS is shown in display), p. 75 ->

Time mode

[22-25]
    Discusses degradation of performance when not exposed to light and recharge rate

[26-29]
    Button D activates the light. Page 30 describes how to set the light to be on for 2 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds. Holding the D button down for 2 seconds will set an "auto-light" mode -- when it is dark and the watch is rotated 40 degrees, the watch light will automatically come on. A dot appears in the upper right part of the display showing the auto-light mode is set.

[30-31]
    To set the light on time to 2 seconds, hold down the A button for 2 seconds. The second hand will rotate to the top and the time zone will be displayed. Press the C button three times and the second display will flash flashing. Then press the B button. If the 2-second light mode is set, a period will appear between minute and second display. Press the A button again to reset the display.

[32-36]
    In Japan, this watch can recieve radio signals set by NICT. Signals are broadcast at 40kHz (Eastern Japan) and 60 kHz (Western Japan). Place the watch at night near the window to receive updates. (The watch also receives NIST radio updates in the US at 60kHz).

[37-38]
    Radio resetting takes 2-7 minutes. To manually reset, hold down the B key for 2 seconds. The G displays signal strength. If synchronization fails, the display will show -- -- --. The watch attempts to automatically resynchronize (if so set) starting at midnight.

[39]
    To see the last time the watch was reset, press the B button. The date and time (alternately flashing) of the last reset will be displayed.

[40-42]
    To set the resetting mode press the B button to see the time/date of the last update. If you are in Japan (+9 timezone) Press A for 2 seconds and then pressing the D (or B) buttons will switch the display among A (auto)/J 40 (eastern Japan)/J 60 (western Japan)/OFF (no auto update). (If you are in the US [-5, -6, -7, or -8 timezone] the US, pressing the D or B buttons switches the display between U 60 and OFF. At U 60 the watch will update using the NIST signal set at 60kHz.)

[43]
    The watch is only programmed for dates up to 2099. As of 2100, errors will occur.

[46-47]
    The watch features a stopwatch and lap/split time. The stopwatch records time up to 59:59.99 and then, on the hour, resets to 0. Entering stopwatch time causes the second hand to move to 0 and 00:00.00 to be displayed. Lap time is the difference between lap events; split time is the total time elapsed from the start.

[48]
    In stopwatch mode, the display shows the time in minutes:seconds format up to 1/100th of a second. The top subdial shows time in 1/20th of a second (for a limited period of time) and the left subdial shows time in minutes. The second hand shows stopwatch time in seconds.

[49]
    Pressing the A button switches the stopwatch from lap time (LAP) to split time (SPL).

[50-51]
    Pressing B turns on/off the stopwatch. When the stopwatch is off, pressing A resets the stopwatch to zero. When the stopwatch is running, pressing A records a lap or split.

[53 - 55]
    In time record time, one can check the lap/split time Press B to rotate through the recorded lap/split data. A switches between laps and splits. To erase data, hold down the A and B buttons simultaneously for two seconds. The -- -- -- display will flash and then, after two seconds, a beep will be sounded. When data is erased, time record mode will show LAP --.

[56-59]
    This section describes the dual time mode. Later sections will show how to change the regular time. Dual time is only displayed in the small display when it is in dual time mode.

The watch features 29 timezones. In addition to the hourly timezones, half hour time zones of +9.5 (Adelaide), +6.5 (Rangoon), +5.5 (Delhi), +4.5 (Kabul), +3.5 (Tehran). Also, UTC can be displayed (indicated as G 0.0 -- this cannot be set to take daylight savings time.)

To set the dual timezone, go to dual time mode. Pressing B adjusts the timezone. Pressing A for two seconds sets (or unsets) daylight savings mode for the dual time. Note that if dual time is set to be the timezone as regular time, the daylight savings settings for the regular time will govern. If it is different, they can be set independently.

[60-61]
    The watch features 5 alarms. Alarms 1-3 are regular alarms, Alarm 4 is a countdown timer, and Alarm 5 is a snooze alarm. Pressing B rotates among the alarms (and, after alarm 5, to the "hour beep mode" -- this sounds a signal every hour).

If set to be on, alarm 4 displays (after showing the time of the alarm and that it is on) the amount of time left before the alarm goes off.

[62-64]
    To set the time for the alarm, go to alarm mode and choose the alarm you want. Press A for two seconds to go to time setting mode. D advances and B decrements the flashing value; use C to switch between hours and minutes. Press A again to turn the alarm on. (Pressing A when the alarm is on will turn it off.)

[65]
    If the snooze alarm is set, pressing A will temporarily turn off the alarm. As long as SNZ is displayed, the alarm will periodically ring again until it is turned off.

Off is indicated by oF.

[67]
    If the hour beep indicator is show (:00) press A to turn this on or off.

[68-74]
    To set the home time, press A for two seconds. The display will switch between various setting modes. First the timezone will flash (for example +9.0). Pressing B decrements, pressing D increments the timezone.

Press C to enter the daylight savings setting mode. D rotates between DST automatically set (A), off (OFF), and on (On). DST can be set in timezones +8, +9, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, and -10 timezones.

Press C to enter the 12 hour/24 hour selection mode (D switches between these). When in 12 hour mode, during PM hours, a P is displayed next to the time.

Press C again to set the hour, then minute, then second, then day, then month, and then year. In each of these, pressing B decrements and D increments the selected value.

Press C again to enter the powersaving setting mode (PS on/PS OFF). Press D to turn this on or off. Powersaving mode erases the display when no light is present.

Pressing C again rotates back to the timezone setting mode. Press A at any time to switch out of time setting mode.

[75-79]
    This section describes the hand setting mode. Sometimes the hands may be misaligned. If so, they can be reset. (Hand setting mode is indicated by HS.) In hand setting mode, press A for two seconds to begin setting the hands.

When -00- is flashing, you can set the second hand. Press D to advance the second hand until it is pointing at the top of the display.

Press C to set the hour, minute, and 24 hour (lower subdial) hands. Note that the minute hand advances in 1/3 minute units each 20 seconds. Make sure you set the time correctly for the 24 hour subdial. Press D to advance the hands. Set the time to match the time in the display.

Press A to set the top subdial. Press D to advance the hand until it is pointing up.

Press C to set the battery level subdial (left subdial). Press D to advance until the hand is pointing up.

Press A again to go back the HS display. At this point, the hand setting operation is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly
    Hi David,
    I received my watch. How do you set the analog hands? I can't read the manual. thanks
    Get the instructions for module 2762 from the Casio USA site.

Quote Originally Posted by cesium
    Get the instructions for module 2762 from the Casio USA site.
    thanks Cesium. Now I know who to turn to to read Japanese instructions

Thread Information