HELP: Sky Cockpit GShock

Thread: HELP: Sky Cockpit GShock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP: Sky Cockpit GShock

Hi, just got my watch last week, GWA1030, and been wearing it in my daily activity, today I found out my watch date are one day behind and the time are ok, so I set the date, then when I turn to other world time, the date was one day behind also, anyone here facing the same problem too? Is there anyway can reset the watch time?

I'm at Singapore, I've thinking to put my watch nearby the window for the signal, but non would help, I'm not sure if because I didn't received the signal or its my watch problem.

Any help would give a try, Thank you...

Re: HELP: Sky Cockpit GShock

Singapore doesn't have the signal. I think you'll have to look at the manual and get the year and month set correctly.

Could also be the 12/24 hr setting.

You can't receive the atomic sync signal in Singapore - it is out of range.

It could be your time zone settings or you could simply be 12 hours off in with your time setting as suggested by "Lionelwkh".

By right, you should never have to touch the date on the watch because it should have left the factory already set and sync'd. All you have to do is to select your time zone and all should have been well. How did you set the time when you got your watch? Did you do it by selecting the time zone or did you move the hands manually?

Anyway, can you take a picture of the watch so we can see what it is showing and do tell us what it should be actually be showing at the moment of the snapshot. Maybe we can be of more help then.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@Metatime: i also live in an area without sync'ing, and i will regularly get watches from overseas that never have. I think it has something to do with the luck of placement behind/around other packages/objects. Even my local Macy's regularly sets many watches by hand.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

@miccity: i'm in singapore as well, tricky to get a signal but its do-able. i got to sync my atomic mudman plenty of times. just face NNE direction about 20-28degrees and try a manual receive instead, at night around 11-12 midnite.hope u get your issue fixed!

edit: sorry , forgot to mention u need to set your time zone to taipei, its basically same timing as singapore!
    Last edited by magna_strike; December 22nd, 2012 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by magna_strike View Post
    @miccity: i'm in singapore as well, tricky to get a signal but its do-able. i got to sync my atomic mudman plenty of times. just face NNE direction about 20-28degrees and try a manual receive instead, at night around 11-12 midnite.hope u get your issue fixed!

edit: sorry , forgot to mention u need to set your time zone to taipei, its basically same timing as singapore!
    Kewl... That's good info... I'm gonna try mine again now. Are you on a high floor condo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jevansent View Post
    I posted this set of instructions to Whirlpool so I thought I might as well copy and paste it here.

Here are step by step instructions for you to sync your watch to atomic time. Its far too much of a hassle for this to be done on a regular basis but it works and it's cool.

This set of instructions are specific for the new G-Shock GW-A1000 Sky Cockpit series but it should be applicable to any Multi Band watch if you follow the steps disregarding the specific button instructions.

1) Close your browser – can't have it open
    2) Change PC time zone to Tokyo
    3) Sync PC time to internet time
    4) Unlock and pull out crown
    5) Rotate from Adelaide to Tokyo time zone and push crown back in
    6) Hold B (bottom right button) down till second hand points to R for Receiving
    7) Open browser and go to JJY Emulator
    8) Maximum volume! and cover your ears
    9) Press start – put watch RIGHT next to speakers or headphones
    10) Second hand should point to W for Working. If it stays at R or flickers between R and W you might need to pump up volume even more
    11) Wait a few minutes until second hand starts ticking again like normal – this can take anywhere from 2 to 14 minutes according to manual. Usually less than 5 minutes.
    12) Check if successful by pressing B once – if successful the second hand will point to Y. If unsuccessful it will point to N then you will have to retry from step 6
    13) Unlock and pull out crown and reset time zone back to Adelaide
    14) Do not forget to reset PC time zone too

Note:
    Replace "Adelaide" with your home time zone

You can also probably replace Tokyo with any time zone you want - as long as it is the same time zone on PC and on your watch when you are syncing. Do note however that your watch will refuse to enter into manual receiving mode if the time zone you have chosen does not normally have an atomic clock. I.E. it will NOT enter receiving mode if time zone is set to Adelaide for example.
    Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2

shows you how to set the time manually on the sky cockpits: How to set Casio GW-A1000-1 Watch Review by Valencia Time Center - YouTube

hope that helps
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

@Chrisek: I guess I have been spoiled. All I had to do with every G I've purchased was to choose my home city and it was good from there. I made the mistake once of trying to adjust the time manually when I didn't understand the home city thing and it got pretty messed it up. At least it made me study the manual and understand the watch better so I could fix it. The atomic ones I've purchased were all JDMs and when I checked, they were always freshly synced. Maybe it is just Chino syncing before sending them out? As for the one's I purchase locally, they were always set at the shop... I guess my experience isn't universal. Thanks for pointing it out .

Quote Originally Posted by metatime View Post
    Kewl... That's good info... I'm gonna try mine again now. Are you on a high floor condo?
    hi, i live on the 13th floor, with buildings at least maybe 50m away from mine but lower levels than mine, so my NNE view is rather unblocked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information