help with syncing atomic

Thread: help with syncing atomic

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

help with syncing atomic

another noob question

u guys/gals have any special technique on how where when your atom

MODS PLS DELETE THREAD, double post :( sorry
    Last edited by Sjors; September 23rd, 2012 at 20:16. Reason: Post can't be deleted, as it's the initial post.
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

help with syncing atomic

another noob question

u guys/gals have any special technique on how where when your atomic watches sync?

i keep all my watches in my safe and i live in socal. any tip info suggestions will be appreciated

my watch hasnt sync'd since 9-9-12

Re: help with syncing atomic

There's two things which will likely be preventing your watches from synching - a metal safe will pretty much block all radio waves, so your watches won't pick up any signal. Also after 7 days in the dark most multiband Gs go into a deep sleep power save mode and shut down their radio synch reception anyway - so your watches won't be looking for a signal. Take them out of the safe, wake them up with a good blast of daylight and then let them synch - either overnight or by forcing a manual synch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It may take something as simple as rotating the watches to face another direction.

Both of my atomics will only sync as long as they are facing the east. If one is pointing towards the north, it won't sync even though I am an hour away from Ft. Collins.

The directions on my atomic G's say to put it on a windowsill for the best signal.

I'm in Ohio, 1200 miles east of Ft. Collins and mine all synch every night on my dresser in a west-facing bedroom and/or while on my wrist while I sleep.

I started to say "maybe the metal in your safe is interfering with reception" but I just purchased a solar atomic G that somehow synchronized in its metal G-Shock tin while the USPS was doing their thing, and then successfully synched 48 hours later in its tin again.

My best suggestion is "it's a G Shock, not the Hope Diamond -- take one out of your safe and see if it synchs overnight."

Quote Originally Posted by MandoBear View Post
    Also after 7 days in the dark most multiband Gs go into a deep sleep power save mode and shut down their radio synch reception anyway - so your watches won't be looking for a signal.
    That's assuming that "Power Saving Mode" is enabled -- the OP might want to try turning that off and seeing if the watches can synch through the safe walls. (I agree with you -- you'd think that the metal would block the radio signal, but as mentioned, mine synched inside a tin twice and who knows where the tin itself was the first time? Inside a truck? Deep inside a post office building?)

will leave it out tonight and try to sync it again later, my watch did go to SLEEP mode as it was OFF when i took out of the safe

and to clarify, my watch is in the safe inside a glass/wood watch case :D

im gonna wear it all day today and see what happens, i did just manually set the time according to my iphone to the second that way i can see its accuracy as well

thanks, ill report back tonight

Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    It may take something as simple as rotating the watches to face another direction.

Both of my atomics will only sync as long as they are facing the east. If one is pointing towards the north, it won't sync even though I am an hour away from Ft. Collins.
    that is odd

Probably 2 reasons why your wathces aren't synching in the safe.

1. A solid metal safe will block radio waves, so your watches won't pick up a signal.

2. Keeping the watches in the dark for more than 7 days will engage their "deep" power saving mode which shuts down almost all functions apart from time-keeping. They certainly won't try to synch, even if they could get a signal.

The remedy is to get your watches out and give them a good blast of sunshine for a few days, and either let them synch overnight outside of the safe, or force a manual synch on them during daylight hours (bearing in mind that the signal is usually less reliable during the day).

PS. In your previous double post (which got deleted the instant I replied to it) you mentioned you keep your Gs in a safe.
    Last edited by MandoBear; September 21st, 2012 at 13:59.

mods deleted wrong thread .... nice work

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information