Help Vintage DW-5900

Thread: Help Vintage DW-5900

Help Vintage DW-5900

Just wondering if anyone knows if the module for this watch has that spring for the alarm to sound. If it does, where is it? Is there a pic available somewhere? I can't seem to find one and mine does not make any sounds at all.

Thumbs Up Re: Help Vintage DW-5900

Quote Originally Posted by Taguy
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the module for this watch has that spring for the alarm to sound. If it does, where is it? Is there a pic available somewhere? I can't seem to find one and mine does not make any sounds at all.
    Just a moment ago, I fixed that problem on my DW-6800, and thanks to those on the group who offered help see post here . I couldn't find a spring narrow enough inside any springbars (although if you do do get one, this must easily be the most elegant solution), but I worked out a little trick with a bent piece of staple. The trick is to get to work like a spring by bending it almost into an "L" shape - aim for just under a 130 degree angle. The long part of the "L" pops into the hole (looks like a small black doughnut in the module), the shorter part makes firm contact with the caseback on closure (think dodgem car), bending itself slightly, and then it's beep, beep, beep all the way !

Kevin
    Last edited by bughammer; March 2nd, 2006 at 15:52.

Re: Help Vintage DW-5900

nice, that sounds like a plan too

Thread Information