WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

help w ani- dig: gs1050, gw2500, gw3500

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  icenoir 
#1 ·
Please help me decide between these ani-dig watches. mainly quality difference, etc. dont care so much about the computer/ digital diferences, as long as they can all display the date.
let me know if there is something else i should look at in the sub 240 range. comparisons with two or more of these in the same photo would be great. thanks.

#3 ·
Hi,
Personally I really like the GS-1050 although I have the GW-2500B. For the 2500/3500 there is a bracelet option. Both of these models come in versions that have a bracelet. But the screwback of the GIEZ GS-1050 alone is a reason to get one. It's been on my wish list forever but I just couldn't justify getting one - I think I'll stick with the GW-2500.

Cheers, Sedi :)

#4 · (Edited)
It really is what style you like best, and if you prefer bracelets or not. As Sedi said, the GS-1050 is the only one in the list without a bracelet option. For the LCD you might choose a positive or negative display except again for the GS-1050 a negative display is the only option. But the GS-1050 is the only one with a full stainless steel screwback case, and has refined build quality. All three are solar powered, the 2500/3500 are atomic receiving, the 3500 has Tough Mov't. Both the 1050 and 2500 have larger LCD displays and are easier to read. The 3500 has a nice large case with domed crystal though and is really comfortable. Hard to pick a clear winner, but for me since I have both a GW-3500BB and a GS-1050B, I would probably choose the 3500 just slightly over the GS-1050. I really like its design, comfort and looks... it's one of my favorites right now. But the LCD on the GS-1050 is far easier to read and use.

Here they are for comparo:

Hmmm... still would be a hard decision, the Giez does look good! But the 3500 is getting the wrist time right now.

#13 ·
thanks. i like a lot of the features- rose gold, white only markings and hands are clean, and the reverse-lcd is white/black, which i believe is also easier to read than the red/black lcd.
You3500bb is great looking - if it was not just jdm and came with a strap, i might have gotten that instead..

#15 ·
I just got this in (g1500 rose gold). it is perfect - clear, easy to read hands, subtle but legible digital lcd. and brushed copper tone is subdued and very nice. i think the copper is less "loud" than the steel one.
and for a very fair price. bravo, casio! (my first g shock! and i have a g7710 in green coming too!) so ends the reign of mechanicals i had been focused on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.