Help Wanted. Spares for GW205-K

Thread: Help Wanted. Spares for GW205-K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Wanted. Spares for GW205-K

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I have a G-Shock Frogman GW205-K. The I.C.E.R.C model. it has a blue bezel and a greyish blue strap. I am currently trying to find a spare bezel and band of this watch but not having any luck!

I can find lots of spares for the GW200 but not the 205? Am i going to have trouble getting spares for this watch?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers guys

jonni

Re: Help Wanted. Spares for GW205-K

Welcome jonni. The band will be the trickiest to replace but it's not as rare as other ICERC models. Bezels are plentiful and you can find some here
    http://www.tiktox.com/gw205k-bezel-p-1743.php
    Last edited by WorldTime643; April 5th, 2010 at 16:11.

You can also place a Wanted To Buy ad here on WUS, it's a good place to source hard to find parts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

excellent, thank you very much!

i shall place an ad in the wanted section. Do you think it would be best to buy one of the bezels now or try and get the bezel and band together?

cheers for your help :)

Quote Originally Posted by oveRSteer View Post
    excellent, thank you very much!

i shall place an ad in the wanted section. Do you think it would be best to buy one of the bezels now or try and get the bezel and band together?

cheers for your help :)

Get what you can while you can.

guys, i have found a seller in japan who says he can get me a strap for $120usd and a bezel for $80usd ..... i worked that out to be roughly £130gbp (i reside in the UK) ...... the strap being approx £78, is this a realistic price for the strap?

The same seller also stocks the GW-225C band and bezel set for just $99, thats half the price of what he has quoted me. Has he marked the price up as he knows i am looking (supply and demand) or is the rarity of the GW-205K to blame for the price? Seeing as i have been linked to the bezels for £20 i wont be buying the bezel from the japanese seller, but dont know what to do about the strap?

Seems a little steep to me?
    Apologies for the stupid questions but i am not actually a collector, just happen to own the watch and would like to see it back to its former glory having said that i have fallen for the GW-200F so may own one of those in the not too distant future ..... is this how it begins?

cheers guys

jonni

Seems extremely steep to me. I wouldn't pay that even if it turned out to be the going rate for the items (I don't know if it is or not, but it seems unlikely).
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Hmm...$200 USD is pretty high. But as this model is five years old now, any sellers that have the set will be asking a premium. I would expect prices to be from $100-$150 USD for a band/bezel set sealed in original packaging. Loose or worn sets, maybe $75-$100.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

well i'll hold out from paying £130 for a while then and hope ones comes up elsewhere.

going to call tiktox tomorrow to see if they can source one for me
    worth a shot i guess :)

overRSteer, seems like you worked it out already that is too much to pay. Hold out for a set to show up here or on eBay, in my experience 205K parts are not super-rare yet so look to pay £70 for the set. As reference a 204K band and bezel set sold on eBay this week for £72 (UK Seller).

Also call Casio UK parts dept for GW-225C sets, they were selling them a few months ago at £25-30. PM me for the number I don't have it to hand right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information