Here is one link where G-Shock apears at the top of the list...

Thread: Here is one link where G-Shock apears at the top of the list...

Here is one link where G-Shock apears at the top of the list...

Some of you have probably seen this but it's still interesting.

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/T20PMW%20List%20Table.htm

Just proves what we all new for a long period of time... when it comes to value you just can not beat G-Shock... even automatic lovers at PMWF seem to agree...

P.S.

Auto lovers for whaever reason hate digital watches. G-Shock lovers semm to be completely different breed of people. They don't mind those who like Omega, Seiko and others... I'm findining it interesting to see such a difference between two groups. Makes me wonder why is it that way? Is it because we G lovers are generally younger and don't mind people that think differently and perhaps the Automatic goup tend to be "older" people who think that G is "cheap toy from K mart that will break after 2 weeks" I don't know.
    Case in point is that G owners are defenetly the largest group at watchuseek. Perhaps the root cause is that most of us tend to be more tek savy than our older "automatic" type of collectors...

Re: Here is one link where G-Shock apears at the top of the list...

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c
    Some of you have probably seen this but it's still interesting.

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/T20PMW%20List%20Table.htm

Just proves what we all new for a long period of time... when it comes to value you just can not beat G-Shock... even automatic lovers at PMWF seem to agree...

P.S.

Auto lovers for whaever reason hate digital watches. G-Shock lovers semm to be completely different breed of people. They don't mind those who like Omega, Seiko and others... I'm findining it interesting to see such a difference between two groups. Makes me wonder why is it that way? Is it because we G lovers are generally younger and don't mind people that think differently and perhaps the Automatic goup tend to be "older" people who think that G is "cheap toy from K mart that will break after 2 weeks" I don't know.
    Case in point is that G owners are defenetly the largest group at watchuseek. Perhaps the root cause is that most of us tend to be more tek savy than our older "automatic" type of collectors...
    I just dropped into this forum 'cuz I just bought my girlfriend a Baby-G. I don't collect watches, but I like mechanicals -- not because they're accurate or rugged, they're not. I just like them 'cuz...uh... I dunno, just do. Hey, it's my money and my wrist. Actually, I'm wearing a Seiko Perpetual Calendar Quartz diver at the moment -- it's my Sunday watch.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm gonna get a G soon. Very accurate, very rugged, many varieties, value for $, etc. Tomorrow, when I head off to work, I'll strap on my Omega Seamaster (I really like that one too!), but come "casual Friday" I might have a G on wrist.

Life's short, wear what you want...

Doug

Hi!

the list at pwmf does not state any order, so it's just a coincidence, that the G-Shock is first. But it's nice that it shows up first

I've worn automatic watches for almost ten years (in fact most of the time a Seiko 5). But not because I hated quartz, but rather battery changes. The cheap watch I had before just needed a battery almost every year.

But now I'm fine with my atomic, solar G-Shock and enjoy that it's always on time and after all those years it is nice to have back a digital display.

Ad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Here is one link where G-Shock apears at the top of the list...

Nice to see the MTG-930 on the first place of best affordable watch. I see Chris Moy is partially responsible for that, although I cannot find any recent postings from him on that forum.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

That was the reason why I bought my first G, an MTG-930.

Kevin

i like auto cause mechanicall movement has more "soul" (even for the mass produced Seiko 7S26? ETAs? :-D ), its nice to see the smooth sweeping second hands, and having that tiny little "machine" works on their wrist is a great feeling.

i want to own at least one mechanical watch (currently Seiko Black Monster).

but i almost never wear it cause my G's are getting more wrist time than anything else

Thread Information