Here is pic of my mudman completely disassembled...
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Here is pic of my mudman completely disassembled...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Here is pic of my mudman completely disassembled...

I am doing this because I want to dye the buttons on my mudman. Love the watch but hate the red buttons. Anyhow in the second pic you will see the push buttons that are situated inside of the bezel/case of the watch. Which leads me to my question. anyone know how to extricate the buttons out of the case/bezel. I see no metal clips or anything like that. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.
    mrrikki and two40 like this.
    How does this window open?...............With a brick.

Re: Here is pic of my mudman completely disassembled...

After looking and poking at the buttons on my mudman. it almost looks as if they are glued into the case of the watch. Can anyone confirm this?

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

From what it looks like to me, the button covers are bonded to the bezel. If you want to make them black, you can probably dunk the whole thing in black RIT dye. But... given the trouble of getting the dye and the hassle of trying to make it work, you could get the G-9000MS black bezel (with black buttons) from PacParts ($23.50).
    Last edited by xevious; April 21st, 2012 at 05:20.
    Joseph68 likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

All mudman bezels, including the DW-5500C!, have bezels mold in one part. It was part of the technological novelties on the DW-5500C and it was improved on the DW-8400, DW-9300 and the AW-570/571.

The G-9000 series Mudman have also a one mold bezel. I recently saw someone here on WUS with bottons interchanging. I forgot if it was on a G-5500 or a GX-56... It seems Casio now came back from the one mold Mud Resistant bezel.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    Joseph68 likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thanks guys..I think im gonna give th RIT dye a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    All mudman bezels, including the DW-5500C!, have bezels mold in one part. It was part of the technological novelties on the DW-5500C and it was improved on the DW-8400, DW-9300 and the AW-570/571.

The G-9000 series Mudman have also a one mold bezel. I recently saw someone here on WUS with bottons interchanging. I forgot if it was on a G-5500 or a GX-56... It seems Casio now came back from the one mold Mud Resistant bezel.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

Yeah, they don't do it anymore. The new 9300 is in three parts, which makes me think it must be less mud-resistant than these earlier classic mudmans. Not that I'd be dragging it through the mud anyway, but I do wonder why they moved away from the old design.
    Joseph68 likes this.

In three parts? Thats interesting. If they still promote it as Mud Resistant, I can't imagine they did a concession to the Mud Resistance by using more than one part bezels. It is probably thoroughly tested. Maybe the breaking buttons, like on the DW-5500C and the First Generation Mudman, Guassman and Raysman might be one of the reasons. Just buy new button guards and it can last another 10 years use.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Joseph68 likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph68 View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread... But the 3 chrome pieces on the module/casing, are they glued-on or is there a catch holding them in place?

I opened up my Mudman, but was hesitant to pry those metal-pieces/inserts out.

Thanks for any info!!!
    capt_RENGT and Joseph68 like this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

^ If they're anything like other bezels I've seen, they're attached with a double-sided sticky tape. The very sticky kind.
    Joseph68 likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Juyt FYI: It is not necessary to remove the backplate in order to remove the bezel - it's enough to remove the strap and the two small screws on the side and the top-bezel comes right off:

cheers, Sedi
    Joseph68 likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information