Hey Casio...Let's see this collab!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By f_todd

Thread: Hey Casio...Let's see this collab!

Hey Casio...Let's see this collab!

I've been very judgmental of collabs lately. A little rightfully so and a little biased...So lets have a "what collab do you want to see and why thread" (sorry if this has been done, but I found nothing in a general search). I'll start it off.

MF DOOM: I love 6900's, I think part of the reason is they look like DOOM masks...I think a dirty metallic face and bezel (if it could be done) with all matte black band (sort of like the DW6900NB-1 which I dubbed the DOOM) and the Doom graff logo on the side or maybe a lyric.

BANKSY: My favorite "mainstream" (sorry Banksy) artist and inspiration...I'd love to see what he would do b/c he is the master of flipping things outside the box!

OBEY: going a little more "mainstream" but it's not his fault, just nature of the beast with his work...I say Sheppard only because he never disappoints.

OLD SCHOOL: Maybe a Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory color/design inspired design!

LASTLY: Hungry artist...AKA me. Someone who is aiming to please/blow minds. Or any of the # of ppl on this forum who do amazing custom dyed/painted G's.
    Piowa likes this.
    "Time is money" -Benjamin Franklin

Re: Hey Casio...Let's see this collab!

+1 for Banksy

I am taking a chance by saying this, but since there are Japanes anime collabs, I would like to see a G SHOCK X DRAGON BALL Z collab or G SHOCK X BATTLE OF THE PLANETS collab! I grew up watching both of those series.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd give anything for a Led Zeppelin collabo... I know it would never happen but I'd love a AWG series with Led Zeppelin on the 6 oclock part of the bezel, and the hermit/wizard on the face and the four symbols on the strap. that would be my perfect collab!

Quote Originally Posted by f_todd View Post
    I've been very judgmental of collabs lately. A little rightfully so and a little biased...So lets have a "what collab do you want to see and why thread" (sorry if this has been done, but I found nothing in a general search). I'll start it off.

MF DOOM: I love 6900's, I think part of the reason is they look like DOOM masks...I think a dirty metallic face and bezel (if it could be done) with all matte black band (sort of like the DW6900NB-1 which I dubbed the DOOM) and the Doom graff logo on the side or maybe a lyric.

BANKSY: My favorite "mainstream" (sorry Banksy) artist and inspiration...I'd love to see what he would do b/c he is the master of flipping things outside the box!

OBEY: going a little more "mainstream" but it's not his fault, just nature of the beast with his work...I say Sheppard only because he never disappoints.

OLD SCHOOL: Maybe a Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory color/design inspired design!

LASTLY: Hungry artist...AKA me. Someone who is aiming to please/blow minds. Or any of the # of ppl on this forum who do amazing custom dyed/painted G's.
    I am not familiar with any of the artists you mentioned. Am I alone in not knowing who they are?

I am very surprised that they never made a Coldplay Collaboration considering he is known for wearing G's!

Name:  coldplay683.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.9 KB

Here he is wearing a blue DW-6900MM-2.

In my head I have a vision of a True Blood collaboration model, a DW-6900 in transparent resin with white fangs biting into the watch printed on the area around the light button(that area already looks like fangs or Batman ears) and then the resulting flowing blood going down the strap, that blood can be printed using the same new resin blend technology that Casio used for the Croc models, meaning the blood would be transparent red and in 3D relief.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

I'm still waiting for NASA x G-Shock. We have seen some government collab already (RAF, USAP). Where is NASA? Astronauts have been wearing G-Shocks in space for decade.

I'd love the NASA, great call! Casio has done cars before (Skyline, Toyota, mugen, etc) and race teams (Williams, and Red Bull through Edifice) i would enjoy more of these perhaps in the XL series as a digital (gd/f1xx). I can think of Audi for just killing Le Mans, Jeep for being Jeep, the new Skyline (nee GTR), or others.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thread Information