Hey! I have a question about the 5610 buttons.

Thread: Hey! I have a question about the 5610 buttons.

Lightbulb Hey! I have a question about the 5610 buttons.

Hello all and thanks in advance.

So im into buying a new square g-shock for me(fell in love with square Casios since i have my a158w), and im sorta studying the "market" now.
    For now I have two questions regarding that matter:

1. So I know the upper left button of the dw-5600e is recessed and some peeps are having problem pushing it - my question is if the adjust button on the 5610 is also recessed?
    2. Can i put a gw-5000 strap on a 5610?

That's it for now! thanks!

Re: Hey! I have a question about the 5610 buttons.

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    To answer your questions:
    1. No, the adjust button on the GW-M5610 is not recessed - at least not more than the rest of the buttons.
    2. Yes, the GW-5000 strap will fit.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by demi2k View Post
    Hello all and thanks in advance.

So im into buying a new square g-shock for me(fell in love with square Casios since i have my a158w), and im sorta studying the "market" now.
    For now I have two questions regarding that matter:

1. So I know the upper left button of the dw-5600e is recessed and some peeps are having problem pushing it - my question is if the adjust button on the 5610 is also recessed?
    2. Can i put a gw-5000 strap on a 5610?

That's it for now! thanks!
    As Sedi already pointed out a GW5000 strap will fit and according to my experience it is a must, the difference is significant when playing with the strap in your hand, though on my wrist they don't feel quite different. Both straps are comfortable. Pacparts.com used to have 5000 strap in stock but it seems they are back ordering now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One small thing that I experienced.

The recessed button on the 5600E only requires a very short push to go and edit the time, countdown timer or alarm.
    The 5610 requires you to hold the button down for a couple of seconds to go into the edit mode, but is easier to access.

When I was use to using both watches, I would actually prefer the fast but recessed button over having to have to hold down a button.
    You can develop a super fast technique to use the 5600e button, but you always have to wait with the 5610 :)

But neither is even close to a deal breaker for me, just different.

Quote Originally Posted by postur View Post
    One small thing that I experienced.

The recessed button on the 5600E only requires a very short push to go and edit the time, countdown timer or alarm.
    The 5610 requires you to hold the button down for a couple of seconds to go into the edit mode, but is easier to access.

When I was use to using both watches, I would actually prefer the fast but recessed button over having to have to hold down a button.
    You can develop a super fast technique to use the 5600e button, but you always have to wait with the 5610 :)

But neither is even close to a deal breaker for me, just different.
    You are right. The tiny button on 5610 makes a prolonged press really annoying.

Thread Information