WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Hey Sjors .... (Watch stuff and OT)

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Sjors 
#1 ·
Hello Sjors,

I haven't posted much these days. I've been pretty busy with work, family and my new hobby, bicycling! :-!

I picked up this MRG-110 and now I want an MRG-210. I love these model G-Shocks and hope the 2007 MRG will be more like these designs. How cool would a MRG - 110 with DLC coating and a reverse display! Throw in world time, solar tough and atomic time keeping and I'm S-O-L-D.

Chris Moy did a reverse display mod to my DW-5600. Its pretty darn cool.

Also, I am drooling over this G-Shock. Sjors, do you know if its avaliable? If so please email me sellers. I love the white camo look. I definately want this one.

I said I picked up cycling, and currently I'm riding my Cannondae Road bike. I ride three times a week and started putting in around 45 miles a week. I'd like to get closer to 60 to 100 miles but I need to start putting in more miles. This weekend, I'm going to do a mountain ride. I'm going to start riding during my lunch break at work.

I want to put together a custom mountain bike and may go with a company called Retrotec. They make sweet retro steel frames. I'm going to go hardtail with FS. This is my idea.

OR - My favorite is the "Triple" frame above.

I don't like the color on either bike but I can change that. I'm thinking black with some yellow on the rear. I want a bumble bee type design.

Finally, last month, my wife and I found out she's pregnant! :-! This will be our second and we are excited! I can't wait until June 2007! We're going to have a home birth, again. Our daughter was born at our house, no doctors just two midwives. It was a neat experience and we are excited to do it again.

Well later dudes!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Jason,

A lot of info in one post! Great to hear from you.

The older MRG models are awesome. They look like tanks with those screws on top of the bezel. I see Chris is customizing more G's. Nice work Chris:-!. Any good/better experience with the new foil?

I haven't had a message about my G-5500 yet, but it's the same model that I ordered.

It looks like you do not only have a good taste for cars, that are three great looking rides too. Are you a single speed rider? I heard about the last WC! The winner doesn't get a :gold, but a tattoo, and far more funnier, :gold doesn't have to be the one that comes over the finish 1st. This years World Champ arrived 2nd:-D The mint single speed has a cool retro color IMHO, the second would be nice in fierce red or positive yellow:) Let me guess, Magura and shimano disk brakes?

Have you seen my new bike that I bought last week? Not so impressive as your retro bikes (I love those frames and great wheels too!).

Last, but not least, congrats on your future child:-!. Please sent my whishes to Francesca too.

Cheers,

Sjors

#5 ·
Hi Jason,

Single speed is also not for me. You need to be very strong to survive off road with one speed, I ain't that strong. I hope to buy a roadbike once (I hope I have room in my shed for an additional bike, I'm afraid Eva will kill me).

I have seen very nice retro styled Duall bikes, Dutch hand made frames of tripple butted steel! They weigh just a few grams more than a carbon bike!

Cheers,

Sjors

#6 ·
Sjors said:
Hi Jason,

Single speed is also not for me. You need to be very strong to survive off road with one speed, I ain't that strong. I hope to buy a roadbike once (I hope I have room in my shed for an additional bike, I'm afraid Eva will kill me).

I have seen very nice retro styled Duall bikes, Dutch hand made frames of tripple butted steel! They weigh just a few grams more than a carbon bike!

Cheers,

Sjors
Nice road bike and at a few grams more, thats a light steel frame. I'd like to get a titanium Litespeed some day. Here are some more retro designs.
http://www.ingliscycles.com/index.php

I am on the fence about getting a cyclocross bike. I like this custom frame: (Although Pink is NOT for me)

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/id24.htm

#7 ·
Wow, these are cool retro frames. The combination of the 60's pink and carbon is a bit strange. You might expect some bling bling there (though I like your black seat pens). Those Titanium frames are awesome, though quiet expensive. I believe Litespeed was one of the few manufacturers making such frames. Somehow I'm not very carbon minded, I rather have a steel frame.

This is the frame design I like most in the Duell series:

These bikes are also quiet affordable (probably because they are made here).

Cheers,

Sjors

#9 ·
Hi Jason,

Aluminnium is great for MTB bikes. You get those huge though looking frames with it. I also love the thick weldings. I actually was discussing this with the bike shop owner I got my latest bike from. On ATB Aluminium frames are big and rough, while on a road bike things look good if they are smooth and looking fast.

Cheers,

Sjors

#10 ·
Sjors said:
Hi Jason,

Aluminnium is great for MTB bikes. You get those huge though looking frames with it. I also love the thick weldings. I actually was discussing this with the bike shop owner I got my latest bike from. On ATB Aluminium frames are big and rough, while on a road bike things look good if they are smooth and looking fast.

Cheers,

Sjors
Those are some really clean "half moons". On my Cannondales both MTN and Road they have been polished smooth. I'll have to post some pics.

There is a small race I photographed three weeks ago. They are just random pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.