Hi All, being new to the world of G's, need some advice

Thread: Hi All, being new to the world of G's, need some advice

Hi All, being new to the world of G's, need some advice

Hi All,

I've been really noob on the G's world. What I'm remember is I'm always wanted a G shock since junior high school, but can't buy one at that time. Now after working, I start to collect vintage watch, love them until at some point, suddently, I want G Shock so badly now.... Geeezzzzz.....

What I'm looking for is not the feature as I believe what I need is available in all model, but more on the criteria below:
    1. I have small wrist.... The issue for g shock that I've tried so far is the resin band can't go down like if we use normal watch with spring bar. when I tighen up the strap, it press only on the top and botom of my wrist while you can see empty space on the side
    2. Not really important but if possible I would like to wear it to the office if I need to go down to factory or places ... so a bit of dressy style is preferable.

I have one option which is Giez series, as the rubber really soft and fit my wrist, also looks dressy but looking for other option which more looks tougher, and use more resin in the case like mudman or gulfman. Any advice?

Thx.
    Sherwin

Re: Hi All, being new to the world of G's, need some advice

There are adapters you can fit to lots of models that will let you wear a Zulu strap that is comfy and will either fit you you can make new holes. I dont think it will look dressy enought for your needs but as far as comfort I think it would be good. there is a dw5600cl on ebay now that has the stock adapters and cool leather strap.

now that I have looked at the photo the adapters add a little length to the watch so I dont know how that would fit.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by shw24 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been really noob on the G's world. What I'm remember is I'm always wanted a G shock since junior high school, but can't buy one at that time. Now after working, I start to collect vintage watch, love them until at some point, suddently, I want G Shock so badly now.... Geeezzzzz.....

What I'm looking for is not the feature as I believe what I need is available in all model, but more on the criteria below:
    1. I have small wrist.... The issue for g shock that I've tried so far is the resin band can't go down like if we use normal watch with spring bar. when I tighen up the strap, it press only on the top and botom of my wrist while you can see empty space on the side
    2. Not really important but if possible I would like to wear it to the office if I need to go down to factory or places ... so a bit of dressy style is preferable.

I have one option which is Giez series, as the rubber really soft and fit my wrist, also looks dressy but looking for other option which more looks tougher, and use more resin in the case like mudman or gulfman. Any advice?

Thx.
    Sherwin
    The Mudman actually has quite a small module so the main 'body' of the watch will look good on your wrist. It does have a very long strap and the 'shoulders' on the strap will make the resin sit out at the sides as you describe.

The Gulfman may work for you but the module is alot bigger.

If you want simple, classic and tough looking, you could try the GW-M-5600. Classic old-school looks and well-featured.

If you're considering the Giez, you could also consider the GW-2000. I've been wearing one as a daily watch for a couple of months (flittign between office, warehouse and client meetings) and it fits in everywhere.
    The good thing for you is that the face isnt that big so wont overpower your wrist. It is quite deep though and sits a little off the wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,Thanks for the prompt reply... in that case, I guess the adapters would be the answer. Anyway, is the adapter can be bought from casio dealer? or it is aftermarket?
    Well, yup, the comfort is my biggest concern. DW5600 I think is quite universal model as it is simple.... this would be one of the option for sure.. thanks for this.

Btw anyway to make the resin band of gulfman or mudman to be close as soft as the giez?

wow... the GW 2000 really similar to giez from what I see.... noted... write it up on the notebook... :) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shw24 View Post
    wow... the GW 2000 really similar to giez from what I see.... noted... write it up on the notebook... :) Thanks

The GW2000 also has some of the best lume on a casio analog If you want to see the DW5600CL I mentioned you can go to ebay and type the model number in. They dont like posting links to live acutions. This model also has a reverse display almost like the Military series but with a nicer strap. I tried to buy just the strap from casio usa and they wanted almost the price of the whole watch

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

one answer fits all - dw-5600e

if its a watch to wear on more official occasions is not finally answered yet. i would say yes.
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Thanks all... will look at the DW 5600 and GW 2000 at the local shop and see how it fit. Will update when I've pulled the trigger....

Any other advice is welcome since I will go to the shop tomorrow and just mentioned the number to see the watch, and maybe get from ebay for cheaper option. so please if you have other model in mind... please let me know.... :)

Thread Information