hi guys, wanna seek a bit of advice...

Thread: hi guys, wanna seek a bit of advice...

hi guys, wanna seek a bit of advice...

hi all! i'm new to the forum but i'm not new to G-Shocks as i used to have a Casio basic Illuminator digital watch when i was 10, then a Baby G G'Mix, a few Adidas Sport watches - not bad, but lost my favourite one and finally, my first G-Shock G-5600 Tough Solar in 2007. its been a very fine and good daily watch to me, till i opened it up cause i thought the solar panel was a bit wonky, and then after i went on holiday, every time i pressed the EL backlight, it kept going into recovery mode, so i've been debating a lot whether to get it to the G-Factory to swap for a new battery.
    But since i'm moving over to australia to study next month, i'm guessing the tough solar might like it a lot there.

i would also like to ask you guys some advice - as to what type of black face white text G-Shocks are currently on offer and you would advise? i'm thinking about the 6900 series, but considering i have a very skinny wrist, i dunno if it'll look too big on my arm. it doesn't have to be tough solar - maybe cause i'm worried about dying batteries..

Many thanks.

Re: hi guys, wanna seek a bit of advice...

GW-5000B seems like a good choice for skinny wirsts...I know how you feel bro :)

If you're worried about batteries dying...then my personal opinion and recommendation would be to go ahead a get any of the solar/atomic models. The solar batteries are supposed to have a lifespan of 10 years. All my Gshocks are of the atomic/solar variety and I love them all.

I too grew tired of getting batteries dying on my watches all the time...the atomic-solar G's are the BEST. You never have to worry about the battery or even the accuracy of them...a set it and forget it type of watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

donbee - that is a very tempting watch....but i kinda wanna see some of the 6900 series or others before deciding on a 5600...

zaskar - i fully agree with you on your view of the Tough Solar + atomic series Gs. but i'm not sure if its because my current G-5600 is always in recovery mode after pressing the light button which is making me worry.

i saw a 6900 which has tough solar + atomic with multi band 6 and a metal strap instead of the resin one but i want to stick to resin bands for my daily watches.
    i've included a picture of my G-5600-1DR (full code) which i took back in 2007 with my old Baby G G'Mix Pizzicato Five model which doesn't work anymore. Bought the G'Mix back in japan....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've got 6.75" wrists and the 6900 isn't too big at all on me...in fact, I thought it was a nice, comfy fit.

Also, you're right about solar here...

...endless sun to keep 'em charged even in winter...

...unless you're moving to Melbourne.

bluegum, yeah haha, my 5600 is great for sure. but i think i'm gonna bring it to the Casio Service center/G Factory in my town to service it, since i will be moving to sydney soon enough, so i don't want my watch to fail on me during my time in sydney.

as mentioned, after i went on holiday to aussie in late oct/early nov, every time after i press the light button on my G-5600, it keeps going into recovery mode. i'm not sure if its cause it took it apart though - hopefully not and just a weird battery error..

I'm sure tough solar will really love aussie, the sun is fantastic there. still thinking about a black face 6900 with resin band....i really wanna go to g-factory now!

Quote Originally Posted by loserpro2 View Post
    bluegum, yeah haha, my 5600 is great for sure. but i think i'm gonna bring it to the Casio Service center/G Factory in my town to service it, since i will be moving to sydney soon enough, so i don't want my watch to fail on me during my time in sydney.

as mentioned, after i went on holiday to aussie in late oct/early nov, every time after i press the light button on my G-5600, it keeps going into recovery mode. i'm not sure if its cause it took it apart though - hopefully not and just a weird battery error..

I'm sure tough solar will really love aussie, the sun is fantastic there. still thinking about a black face 6900 with resin band....i really wanna go to g-factory now!
    You will also get regular atomic signal here from Japan...

...my Gulfman gets it almost every time I place it against a north-east facing window over night.

i see... so i guess recieving atomic signals are actually not a very worrying issue.

i went to G-Factory in my town btw, and saw the gw-6900bc-1jf but didn't state a price. then i went around town and saw a store that highly likely sold the real thing as well (worried if it was a fake) and they stated the price as 1780 hkd, approx 229usd. considerably cheaper than the GW5000B at the G-Factory which was sold for about 2300hkd, approx 296 usd. i was thinking about whether buying it, but then i would buy the 6900 resin strap to switch it back to that. :S

can anyone give me advice how to see if a g shock is genuine? i am interested in purchasing the GW-6900BC-1JF.

however, due to possible competitive pricing where G-Factory (Javy's) offers the watch at around 2,300 hkd and other stores at 1780 hkd - hoping that they still carry this price. I want to purchase at the store i found it with the lower price but worried that it might be fake - even though chances are probably slim at the moment..

so how do you check if the watch is genuine?
    (reason i'm stating is due to the high price of the watch.)

Thread Information