Hi New Guy, Old Passion for Watches!

Thread: Hi New Guy, Old Passion for Watches!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi New Guy, Old Passion for Watches!

Hi all, feels good to have finally joiined !!

I'm Claudio (or Claud, whatever), born in the UK and living in Germany and damn I am a watch-a-holic. I love all watches (each to their own of course) but I recently got a G-Shock and am really impressed and happy. A great watch. I always thought G-Shock was always cheap and chearful, and in some ways they are, but damn they make a great watch for the money, especially on the 2nd hand market.

For the functions, durability, ease-of-use and price these cannot be beat. And I am now sure these make the ultimate beater. I got mine for 10 euros (with dead battery) on E-bay, got it home put a new battery in and found the light wasn't working. OK, no problem, took my friend's old Casio and swapped the modules around - 30 seconds, so easy. I love these watches, so easy to work on and simple . Oh yeah and I stealthed it by painting the buttons. Sweeeeet!!! Black stealth for ever for me baby, nothing else .

I forgot which model number I have, no doubt you guys will know straight off, but from what I read and what I have compared it's a fine watch with some great functions. I will write a little review of it after the obligatory pictures which you all have been waiting for !

Bing bing, time for lunch

Da da da, super G to the rescue!

Excure the ware-wolf arms, it's that time of the month again

Seriously, don't come too near or I might flip out, canine-style

This is after a wash, blow-dry and comb, 30 quid in total!!

The new sharp-light lazer treatment does nothing to stunt the growth of ware-wolf hair

Even after two treatment sessions... G-Shock held up as well

I use this for sport (running, cycling, swimming, which I do a lot of) and as a general beater. I love the looks, functionality and it's just a rough and tough kind of watch – kind of like me... I like to think anyway, grgrgrgrgrgrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hahahaha.

Short Review:

- Looks: are always subjective, I like it. Numbers are an OK size for a G-Shock but not as large as some of the newer models (this one is probably a good 11 years old (wow, time flies!!). I have adjusted my preference and it's fine now.

- Time-keeping: accurate and within +/-15 seconds per month like most if not all Gs - so no problem there.

- Durability: nice recessed glass and recessed buttons give damn good protection. Recessed buttons make them a tad hard to press but I am just pulling at strings and it's not a big problem in any way really. Plastic and resin strap and still going strong after 11 years which shows that they can last. I am especially impressed with the strap which is nice and thick and comfortable.

- Comfort: the most comfortable watch I have ever worn. The side rubber inserts under the lugs hold the watch dead in place and provide great support. This can also be because they rotate and thus adjust to the size o your write (I have a 6.5 inch wrist). What I really like with this watch (and not the Seiko Auto-Relay I have, the Citizen Promaster I had, or the Seiko 007 automatic I had) is that this one stays in place 100% of the time and never slides up or down. I never got a good fit all the time with my other/previous watches.

- Funtions: 2 year battery, alarm, timer, stopwatch, time in 12/24 hours, light. Bog standard functions really, but work really well. The great thing about this watch (especially for my sport) is that is shows the time in timer and stopwatch mode. This is a great thing and something which not all Gs have! It was a main reason I bought this model.

- Not much else to say from my side. The face is relatively uncluttered (relative to some other Gs) and it performs well in all conditions, wet, dry, snow, sun, wind, daily bumps and knocks - well whatever I have put it though over the past 2 months or so of use.

- Things I don't like: not much really, I think it's a great all 'round package. Sure some newer models have benefits such as longer battery life, more alarms, solar, but I think this watch does a great job and I really enjoy wearing it, especially when the functions play their helpful part. I think Casio did a great job.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Take care all, keep up the G-Shock POWER!!!

Re: Hi New Guy, Old Passion for Watches!

Hey Claud, congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you're happy with your G
    .......because that's also on top of my favorites, DW9052!

Congrats & welcome to the forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, I love this watch as well, I already asked my watch to marry me… she said no, not yet… I said when?... she said when the time is right!

So I plan to set the watch tomorrow correctly tomorrow with an atomic clock on the Internet and weeeyyy hheeeeyyy!!!

(oh yeah, please excuse my bad jokes, I have habit of doing that) . Nighty night all humans. Bleepy bleep all Casios.

Welcome to the madness!

Welcome!!
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

Quote Originally Posted by deggy.PH View Post
    Glad to hear you're happy with your G
    .......because that's also on top of my favorites, DW9052!

Congrats & welcome to the forum!
    Isn't that a DW9000?

But I agree, the DW-9052 is awesome!!!

Welcome. You'll end up with a lot of Gs if you hang out around here.

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    Isn't that a DW9000?

But I agree, the DW-9052 is awesome!!!
    ooops, sorry . . . .

anyway, i love my dw9052 as much as you love yours

Welcome to the forum Claud and glad you're digging your current G!!!

Enjoy and wear it well.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900