Hi There - I am new. :)
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hi There - I am new. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi There - I am new. :)

HI!

I just wanted to say hi to all regular members in this forum. I just started collecting watches...and would like to share my Casio DW-004 with you guys, which I got as a birthday gift in the 97´s. :)

It´s used, but thats what I like about it....and found a spare part supplier for "Vintage" G-shocks on the internet located in Germany.

Cheers,

Toby

Name:  DSC04300.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  197.7 KBName:  DSC04299.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  199.5 KBName:  DSC04298.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  185.1 KB
    Last edited by bellonautomatic84; December 5th, 2011 at 21:49.

Hey Toby......Welcome to WUS.

Re: Hi There - I am new. :)

Welcome to WUS and great looking 004! I love the older Gs from the 90s. A little yellow paint on the light button and a Zulu and you have a brand new watch!!
    StephenWatch likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome - and great G to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Welcome to WUS and great looking 004! I love the older Gs from the 90s. A little yellow paint on the light button and a Zulu and you have a brand new watch!!
    I actually want to order a new light button, because the missing yellow colour is really bothering me.

I also own some mechanical watches, but selling them here on the forum in order to be able to buy 1-2 new G-Shocks. :)

Welcome to the forum!

If you do wish to re-paint the G button, this thread may be of help to you...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...ml#post2418683
    slvrbulletv6 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

welcome Toby

I am new here too

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your help! But I will hold to the botton replacement by a new one. :) I am scared to ruin it. :)
    Cheers
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Welcome Toby bruv. Niced vintage G-Shock you have there. It was one of the reasons i joined the forum, I had a crumbling DW-002 and i wanted to bring it back to life, long story short, i ended up getting a very nice rare DW-002SK1N model which is a 40th anniversary Skyline edition watch which was given to the Nissan employees (i believe) but i now owen almost 20 G-Shocks and i havent been here a year yet lol.
    I hope you have deep pockets as your "1 or 2" G-Shocks that you want to get are more than likely going to increase to a lot more, This place is addictive, you've beed warned lol.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bellonautomatic84 View Post
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your help! But I will hold to the botton replacement by a new one. :) I am scared to ruin it. :)
    To be honest, if you're ordering a new button anyway, you've nothing to lose by experimenting with the old one. You'd be really surprised how easy repainting it is. Oh, and replacing the button is a real pain!! When you dismantle everything, before removing the final circlip that holds the button on, put the watch within a ziplock bag and work with it inside it, that way, when the clip springs off, you'll have a fighting chance of finding it again...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information