HIGHT PRICE of used casio watch in US

Thread: HIGHT PRICE of used casio watch in US

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HIGHT PRICE of used casio watch in US

hi
    i am just looking some time buy cheap used old casio watch for me like work watch. i am afraid scratch my watches. but what i noticed is hight price of used casio watch (mostly g-shock) into US. just taking notice from selling thread. i saw few of them for sell and was thinking buy it. but when i google it i found on ebay or amazon more expensive about apr 20$- what is not big difference compare new watch+ guarantee. why are used one so expensive?
    and if i have to count postage (to europa) that final price is incredible high :( can not understand it. can somebody explain it please?
    thanks

Re: HIGHT PRICE of used casio watch in US

Just glancing at the For Sale subforum, a lot of the G-Shocks there aren't the plain, generic, workhorse G-Shocks that Joe Average wears for a work watch.

On the first two pages, I saw a solar/atomic square, a Frogman, a Raysman, a 30th anniversary piece, and two limited editions.

If you want to get a bargain on a G-Shock, you need to look for a DW-5600E or a DW-6900, or another that normally sells for less than $50 USD.

You probably also want to avoid this place, since it's full of watch "collectors" who try to keep their watches in excellent condition. Instead, try shopping on eBay, which is full of used watches. While eBay does have counterfeit G-Shocks, they're never the basic low-end models I mentioned above!

They're trendy right now, so prices are inflated.....makes it even easier to justify buying new grey market though.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are some highly sought after out of production Casio watch with very appealing look that will fetch higher price than their original buy price like MDV-102 which used to be sold at Amazon for $50, now a new old stock may even fetch $99 while good condition pre owned easily hit over the 50 mark.
    Last edited by Triton9; January 27th, 2014 at 01:22.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

i know some are for collection only. but something like dw 5600 or 6900 are for 40$ used one - sometimes without with box here. and on amazon its for 45$. that i can not understand. for me used watch should be 1/2 price. if its discontinued i can accept higher price because they are rare and hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by xnokiax View Post
    i know some are for collection only. but something like dw 5600 or 6900 are for 40$ used one - sometimes without with box here. and on amazon its for 45$. that i can not understand. for me used watch should be 1/2 price. if its discontinued i can accept higher price because they are rare and hard to find.
    In these cases, I think a lot of sellers are being unrealistic. Just because G's are practically indestructible doesn't mean they will hold their value.

Just because a G doesn't have any noticeable scratches or nicks, that doesn't mean that the strap hasn't molded to the shape of someone else's wrist, or that the resin bezel and strap haven't picked up odors like smoke or cologne that the seller may not notice.

I think another part of the problem might be sellers who originally picked up their watches at retail prices, and don't know how cheap they are at Amazon or Walmart. When one-third off what THEY paid is barely under a new watch at discount prices, it's really not that much of a bargain -- especially when you can return or file warranty claims on a new watch.

Mike, I recently placed a bid of $30 on an abused DW-5600E once. Let me explain why.

I can buy a brand new one on eBay for $45, but then you can tack on $20 in shipping, $18 in customs fees and $10 in VAT. That's $93 in total, for those that have not mastered mental calculation.

Now the second-hand and slightly abused DW-5600E was $30. Shipping was $15 and no taxes / customs fees because it's below the 22 euro limit. Which makes it a $45 dollar watch, less than half the price of a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by computer_freak View Post
    Mike, I recently placed a bid of $30 on an abused DW-5600E once. Let me explain why.

I can buy a brand new one on eBay for $45, but then you can tack on $20 in shipping, $18 in customs fees and $10 in VAT. That's $93 in total, for those that have not mastered mental calculation.

Now the second-hand and slightly abused DW-5600E was $30. Shipping was $15 and no taxes / customs fees because it's below the 22 euro limit. Which makes it a $45 dollar watch, less than half the price of a new one.
    Your case is extremely specific: you're trying to meet a particular price point in order to avoid taxes and customs, and from what you said, it wouldn't work if someone were selling a more expensive model at 1/3 off.

Someone in the US could buy the same used DW-5600E on eBay for $30, pay somewhere between $5 and $10 in shipping, or they could walk into any Walmart store and get a brand new one for less than $44, including tax.

On ebay, search "pre-owned G-Shock". I've got a couple really good buys on used G-Shocks in the past couple months.

My G-7500 went for $30 and my G-7900MS-3 went for $45, not including shipping.

I got my Casio SGW-100B for $14 plus $2.92 shipping.
    Last edited by OCDood; January 27th, 2014 at 05:09.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

What price range you are looking for?

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information