Holes in G Shock strap

Thread: Holes in G Shock strap

Holes in G Shock strap

Hello guys, first post here, recently got a GWM5610 and I have a situation with the strap, what do you guys recommend to make one of the strap holes bigger? The 7th hole feels too tight and the 8th hole too big, I've done this before but the results were messy and ugly as hell so I want to do it as clean as possible. Any inputs??
    Last edited by Guacho; August 26th, 2013 at 00:57.

Re: Holes in G Shock strap

Moved to main forum for better coverage.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

the distance between the holes is like what, 4mm? can't be too loose and then too tight, can it? I would buy another strap from those g-5600, g-6900

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    the distance between the holes is like what, 4mm? can't be too loose and then too tight, can it? I would buy another strap from those g-5600, g-6900
    Probably not too tight but I've always been very picky with these straps.
    Anyway, I just found this " revolving punch pliers" in home depot, that should do the job.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Guacho; August 27th, 2013 at 05:35.

I believe letting the watch hang just a little loose is actually not that bad, so it doesn't sit like high up on your wrist when your arm is down. But then again, whatever rocks your boat ya noe..? Goodluck in that hole-punching attempt! Hopefully it doesn't look too bad. Do post it up if you succeed and let us take a look! =D
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Quote Originally Posted by Guacho View Post
    Probably not too tight but I've always been very picky with these straps.
    Anyway, I just found this " revolving punch pliers" in home depot, that should do the job.

Thanks guys
    That's the tool I use for punching extra holes in my Maratac Zulu straps - does the job great. Though in a nylon strap, I always heat the new hole with a Zippo for a few seconds to seal it, wouldn't do that with a plastic one!
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post
    I believe letting the watch hang just a little loose is actually not that bad, so it doesn't sit like high up on your wrist when your arm is down. But then again, whatever rocks your boat ya noe..? Goodluck in that hole-punching attempt! Hopefully it doesn't look too bad. Do post it up if you succeed and let us take a look! =D
    I sure will... Like i said before, I almost always do something with my straps to find my sweet spot, what I'm really trying to do here is make one of the holes a little bigger.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Guacho; August 28th, 2013 at 00:03.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    That's the tool I use for punching extra holes in my Maratac Zulu straps - does the job great. Though in a nylon strap, I always heat the new hole with a Zippo for a few seconds to seal it, wouldn't do that with a plastic one!
    Thanks. I'll try that..

lvt

Buy a combi bracelet for your 5610, it has removable links and micro adjustment holes on the clasp.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Just slightly pull the resin strap. Make sure to pull slightly and fit. Repeat until satisfied. Remember also, as in my case, hot and cold environment makes your wrists a little thicker and thinner ever so slightly.

Thread Information