Holiday finds
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Holiday finds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holiday finds

Nowadays, a holiday will not be complete without some G Shock hunting :D.

I shall not name the country but in general it is really buyers beware at the shops. Plenty of fakes (not just watches either), some were really hard to differentiate.

Prices are not listed but negotiated, so some knowledge of market prices goes a long way. Seems like the shops' staff are mainly paid by commissions, going by the opening asking prices, :D

Those potential pitfalls aside, I'm pleased to report I'd found a couple of pieces on my list.

G-9200MS Riseman
    Got this at a nice price, though the buying experience was spoilt by the less than honorable store person. That aside, after I brought it, I just couldn't wait and put on the piece immediately :)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346666375.238903.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  159.0 KB

G-011D
    Hidden in a corner of another store was this wonderful piece gathering dust. The store couldn't even find the manual and packaging so I got a further discount from the nice sales girl. The metal band is way too long, so I will need to get that sorted later.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346663521.870926.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  121.2 KB

One piece that I had to steel myself and walk away from was a GW-200Z Final Frogman. The salesperson tried to pull a ridiculous stunt when I was about to pay. Oh well.

Most importantly however, the holiday and the resort we stayed in were wonderful :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend too!

---
    Last edited by GS_Leng; September 3rd, 2012 at 17:42.
    kiwidj and James Haury like this.

Re: Holiday finds

I bet you saw my Casio Pathfinder thread saying I got a early Christmas gift as an excuse. lol. $30 for a watch that is 100m water resistance and has a vibrating alarm is too good of a deal not to get. Even if I never replace the battery when it dies because it could lose it's water resistance if you aren't careful replacing the battery. That is about 3 to 5 years of good use out of a $30 watch. I've read that some people have gotten 12 years on one battery. Who knows, but it is something cool to think about though.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Nice pick ups! Man, that G-011 brings back some memories...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice riseman!

nice riseman ...it's getting harder to find one these days

Cool purchases! Can you post a pic of the face of the g-011d when you get a chance?
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thanks guys, I'm liking the Riseman a lot too.

Chrisek, here's a photo of the G-011D:

Name:  G-011D-7B-1.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  47.2 KB

I took some time to play around with the functions, interesting that the hands are set separately from the digital time. Maybe to allow dual time zones. Very solid chunk of metal, heavy for its size.

Ha ha nice! Look at the sweet LED on it! This is a slightly different version but same idea.

Name:  Bur368.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  58.4 KB
    Last edited by Nightshift; September 4th, 2012 at 06:55.

Indeed it is awesome when lit up, Nightshift! I think the textured dial creates shadows and adds depth. It's a piece I will enjoy much.

---

For sure! I have one as well (green face, negative display digitals) and have a hard time finding these.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information