Hong Kong Froggys - A little bit of Swag in the Trunk.....
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Hong Kong Froggys - A little bit of Swag in the Trunk.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just got back in the UK from nearly 2 months in Asia, the highlight of which was a week in Hong Kong, where I managed to pick up
    a few goodies. Before the piccies a huge thank you to Tom & Chin aka Deepsea_Dweller & Sengyoku for the expert local knowledge...

Group Shot...

Name:  frog10.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  121.1 KB

GWF-T1030E Number 320/333 Checking in.

Name:  frog3.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  119.8 KB

Never expected to get one of these, but thats Hong Kong just walked into the shop and there it was, I even managed to haggle on the price, they wouldnt budge at
    first, but I mentioned my friend had just been here, listed the items Sengyoku picked up, the shop assistant remembered him and hey presto, special discount for
    you !!

Name:  frog2.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  99.5 KB

Number 320/333 engraved on the caseback.

Name:  frog4.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  93.0 KB

Picked up the Bape/Stussy, been admiring this one for a while.

Name:  frog7.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  103.7 KB

And finally another one thats been on my bucket list for some time, the Rose Gold GWF-1000B and this one had the trunk with it too

Name:  frog8.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  99.8 KB

Hong Kong is amazing for G-Shocks, lost count of the number of limited editions I spotted for sale, a return trip in the not too distant future
    is definitely called for....

Thanks for looking.

Rich.

OMG Rich! Thats truly amazing!! What a trio. 3 Froggys in a row! Wow. I will post later more as I'm just in the middle of the middle but absolutely awesome! Huge huge congrats and enjoy. Best Tom
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; December 20th, 2013 at 11:50.
    Crater, gripmaster and D1cky986 like this.

Re: Hong Kong Froggys - A little bit of Swag in the Trunk.....

Congrats, HK really seems like a true paradise for g-shocks (and other things)

Enjoy wearing them, great choices.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do you mind telling us how much you bought the Lightning Yellow Titanium frog? I happened to be in Japan when the time Casio launched the Lightning Yellow 30th Anniversary Series (mid November), I went to almost all Casio and Yodobashi stores in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka and I even visited Casio Service Center, they don't have this model for me :( I went back to Singapore with the GF-8230E Yellow Frog instead but still felt disappointed for not having the chance to buy the GWF-T1030E-9 :( I got an offer from someone locally who was selling it at 3,000 SGD (2,400 USD) but I feel that it was priced too high for my budget :)
    Last edited by buj131; December 20th, 2013 at 12:26.

Congratulation Rich excellent haul from HK.

Seems like a few more LY Ti Frogs are making there way to collectors rather than speculators. Which is really good news.

Simon
    gripmaster and D1cky986 like this.

Wow Rich, that is a fruitful trip. I can't wait to visit hong kong!
    Deepsea_dweller and D1cky986 like this.

brilliant!!!

Ho Ho Ho! Christmas certainly came early for you Rich! Congratulations!

Tom had been harbouring your little secret purchase(s) from everyone... not even a whisper to me! I had an incling about what you got: I guessed you might have snagged that Bape x Stussy Frog because I was certainly tempted and also right around the time you got there was when the LYs should have hit town...so I guessed you might have picked up something bright yellow too! (I just left a just a week before they were due to hit the store :/)

BUT OMG! 3 Heavy hitting Frogs in one fell swoop! I was not expecting that! Well done, it's better than I could have ever done with my missus haha! I mean that haul is so good it would have to have been my birthday, Christmas and anniversary presents rolled into one, with tomorrow being the end of the world lol!

Well, I'm glad you got yourself a good deal after I had set up the groundwork haha! But the guys in HK are good 'uns, but the way you said it unfolded reminds me of a something mob movie "hey, fogedaboudit, he's a friend of mine" lol
    If anything that's definitely called being at the right place at the right time, I'll be visiting again for sure next time :)

I told the "friend of ours" Tom he needs to go collect his 'tribute' from the shop, since he gave us the great tips in the first place hehe :)

Again, I'd have to testify that HK is G-Shock heaven... since you've been there as well now Rich, do you think you've ever seen as many Gs per square mile anywhere else in the world? Did you manage to visit Javy's btw :)

Wow!! I need to visit HK, STAT!!
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

Wow where do you guys go for these? Im in hk now and all i seem tof ind are rolexes and panerais...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information