The honorary nephew is getting a custom G-Lide GLS-6900-1JF for Christmas.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By m1ckDELTA

Thread: The honorary nephew is getting a custom G-Lide GLS-6900-1JF for Christmas.

The honorary nephew is getting a custom G-Lide GLS-6900-1JF for Christmas.

Dude likes to skate so I looked at the GD400-1 and the red accents didn't come together for me. The other GD400s with the bold colors really aren't his style. I looked at the GD400MB-1 and thought that might be the one. Still, it's lack of any accent color seemed a little too bland for a 16 year old "skater". Also, I kinda wanted him to have that "G-Lide" on the strap. So, there was only one thing to do...

Name:  IMGP0027.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  1.06 MB

Name:  IMGP0037.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  1.05 MB

I only switched the modules because the without the grey button the grey underside of the strap is just "there" by itself; it makes more sense color-wise if the button remains. Also the light bull bars work better with the grey accents. The donor watch's red accents and black bull bars also work better by only switching the module. I think the yellow with positive display looks more utilitarian which I really appreciate; a watch that wouldn't look out of place on the wrist of a shore patrol crewmember or a lifeguard (or, since it's a low temp LCD, a crewmember on the Cornelia Marie).

Swapping modules was insanely easy. It took less than 10 minutes from opening the boxes and tins of the unmodded watches to taking the pictures of the finished mod.

Where's a picture of the donor watch, you might ask?

It's coming...
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; September 8th, 2017 at 23:18.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Thread Information