Horror story and the bay.

Thread: Horror story and the bay.

Horror story and the bay.

So as I search a well known on-line auction site a listing for a vintage casio mrg-120T is observed. Before placing a bid the following email is sent to the seller requesting additional information about the watch. This is the Q: Hello Seller, did you purchase this watch new or second hand, have you ever had the battery changed, is the watch 100% authentic, is it keeping accurate time and what would you rate the overall condition at on a scale between 1-10. Can [email protected] be madewith M/O. This is the response. R: I purchased the watch from a friend in Japan, who bought it new. The battery has neveer been changed and the watch is a 100% authentic. Condition is 9.5 mainly because i don't have all the links. There are no scratches or marks on the watch.
    So my bid is placed and I win the watch. When the watch arrives it comes as no great surprise that the battery is dead and the watch is not working. What takes me off guard is the fact that the dial on the watch is not centered. The hash marks on the inner bezel ring and the numbers on the dial are out of alignment. Between the 6, position and twelve there is a small space between the dial and ring on the otherside going from 12, to six they are tight against each other.
    After several emails that the seller faults me for not asking for the proper information about the watch, while I demand a full refund. I decided to call them. The seller tells me to return the watch and they will refund my money. Trouble is I have no trust in this person and I get the idea I might be waiting along time to see my $146.97. Kinda a funny thing the seller reported me to the auction site for harassment about 5, minutes after we spoke on the phone.
    That's the ugly side of the bay. Buyer Beware, and we all know it. Sorry I need to digress one last time, the seller responds that the condition was at 9.5 ONLY because of missing band links my impression was it is in excellent working order as it should with no problems!
    Now to correct this watch and restore it to the condition it should be at, can anyone give me an idea of what it will cost and were I should have it worked on. Regards Steve

Re: Horror story and the bay.

Who's the seller? Might be good for all of us to be wary of this guy

Open up a dispute via dispute console.

That'll stir them into action.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi $teve,

What a horrible story. What is the condition of the back of the watch. If the module is a bit twisted, this can mean someone tried to replace the battery himself. The modules in G-Shock's "Float" a little. I had a same problem after replacing a battery in a Gaussman (not screwback). Removal of the back and re-alinge(?) the module did the job actually. Screwbacks (in my case a DW-5200) can cause the module to twist a little too.

If it had happened to me, I had brought it to my Casio Service centre, 10 km from here. As for you in the U.S. I think you need to contact Casio Sales and Services in California (the service centre in NJ has a bad name).

It will cost some money to get the battery changed and water resist checked, but if it can be fixed, your watch will run for a long long time on a fresh battery and it's worth it.

I hope this helps you a bit...I know how much you wanted that watch.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wongster
    Who's the seller? Might be good for all of us to be wary of this guy

Exactly as Denis says, since this seller chose to misrepresent his merchandise he then opens himself up to a critical review. If you're not comfortable posting the sellers ID on this forum, please do so on the WUS sales forum entitled, "Bad Guys." You might save someone else from the same experience.

It is a shame that you spent money on a damaged G-Shock. Given your description of the condition of the watch it may not be economically feasible to attempt to place it back in as new condition. Then again, vintage watches deserve special consideration in an effort to preserve them. Don't you agree?

Regardless of how you proceed, please take action against the seller. His blatant misrepresentation and cheating you are intolerable.

I hope that this works out in your best interests.

Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Just noticed this post.

Sorry to hear that $teve

So what was the final outcome?

I've also had a lot of bad luck recently on EBay with sellers.

The most recent was T-Shorts form a UK seller again.

Every fake I have been caught with has been from the UK.. Is their an over supply over their?

Nothing against UK, as I'm half UK/Aussie, but heck, what's going on

hi, from experience, it is well worth opening a dispute with ebay against the seller. In my recent case the seller refunded my money in total and didn't even ask for the fake watch back.

DO IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver
    hi, from experience, it is well worth opening a dispute with ebay against the seller. In my recent case the seller refunded my money in total and didn't even ask for the fake watch back.

DO IT!!
    First thing I've done is to have the Watch looked at by a authorized Casio service center. Waiting for thier input on the watch, I have a funny feeling there is more wrong with this watch than mentioned in my original post. The dispute center is my only choice for now and I would like to have the information from Casio's service center when I file my complaint. Kinda like I want to stick with the facts only. Regards Steve
    bay 300019416988

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Thread Information