a horror tale

Thread: a horror tale

a horror tale

hi all!

I was a little reluctant to tell you the full story of my purchase of the ICERC Fisherman, but here it goes:

I saw some G-shocks under a "oportunities" sign in the shop. After the oooh's and the aaah's in seeing the babies, I ask the shop assistant, a nice girl, to show me some of the watches. I finally decided on the Fisherman, and she took one from a drawer (yes, they had more than one).
    I noticed that the one she took from the drawer had white dial and buttons, and I found it nice as well, so I asked the shop assistant to replace the battery.

And here starts the horror.....

After some seconds she comes to me and tells me "the watch is blocked, I don't know why", I suggested her to reset the watch, something quite usual when changing batteries (I know it thanks to your article Sjors), and I approached the desk where she had the G open, where I was about to see a slaughter...

As soon as she took the tiny screwdriver, I had the image of the guy in the texas chainsaw massacre in mind. oh god, she used the screwdriver as a lever with the poor G, pressing, scratching, bending, and eventually the module jumped from the case, did a 2 meter flight, and landed on the ground!!! (of course, the naked module, seldom shock resistant). She did not even react, not even a "oops"!!!

Of course I did'n take that G, and asked her to replace the battery of a grey buttoned Fisherman, (this time watching and giving her directions). The day after that, I went to a watchmaker (official Casio service) and had my Fisherman pressure tested. I hadn't noticed, but when I had the battery changed, that nice killer girl managed to put TWO o-rings when closing the watch (now I have a spare one, haha).

I can't avoid feeling sorry for the Fisherman I saw slaughtered by that girl

It makes me think on whom we let touch our babies.

greetings!

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

Re: a horror tale

I had a similar experience trying to get two links removed from my Monster's bracelet. Some of these folks should be working in a junk yard I think.

Rolling eyes Re: a horror tale

Aaarrrch! That sounds really bad Tonitoni. Using a screwdriver as a lever. The battery lock just pops open if you put a screwdriver or a pointed tweezer in the right place. I have seen in some shops (specially the bigger ones) where young shop girls (16 - 18 years) change batteries.... Horror.

I have had once a problem with resetting the same ICERC Fisherman as yours. If the reset doesn't work for several times, take out the battery and leave the watch for a day. Somehow the watch worked perfectly the next day (I think there was some rest voltage somewhere).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

geeeeeez after seeing that first slaughter, i'd have just bought the watch and taken it elsewhere for the battery change. i tell you my heart would have definitely skipped a beat seeing the module take a flight...
    in theory, theory and practice are much less the same, in practice it is hardly the case...

Unfortunately the flight tested module will probably be put back in as though nothing happened and the watch get sold off the an unsuspecting buyer...

Quote Originally Posted by Sili View Post
    ...the flight tested module...

Quote Originally Posted by JoHN5 View Post
    geeeeeez after seeing that first slaughter, i'd have just bought the watch and taken it elsewhere for the battery change. i tell you my heart would have definitely skipped a beat seeing the module take a flight...
    Ya, makes no sense to me that someone would watch a girl with no experience kill one watch then Asked her to do it again... If you know how to change the battery enough to instruct someone else, just do it your self :oops:

hi all!

perhaps, from a certain point of view, it may seem nonsense, but I prefer to think her ignorance is not such now, and she learnt a lesson.

perhaps next time she'll do things right.

greetings

Thread Information