Hot tubs

Thread: Hot tubs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hot tubs

Is it OK to wear a G-shock in a hot tub, or is that not good for it?

Re: Hot tubs

It's not really good for any watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson777 View Post
    Is it OK to wear a G-shock in a hot tub, or is that not good for it?
    If you are in the hot tub drinking beers by yourself, it is OK

If you are in the hot tub with a hot babe, do not wear the G-Shock
    Go Dortmund!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not a good idea. Temperature change is not good for the gasket, and neither is soap or detergent.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Heat is bad for electronics too, including the battery. You'll slowly kill your watch if you do this. And yes, this is true for any watch. It shouldn't leak if that's what you're asking.

I sometimes do this to test watches for weak seals or components, but I don't do it all the time.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    Heat is bad for electronics too, including the battery. You'll slowly kill your watch if you do this. And yes, this is true for any watch. It shouldn't leak if that's what you're asking.

I sometimes do this to test watches for weak seals or components, but I don't do it all the time.
    Have done so b4, the sauna and the cold water dunk. Trying to remember which G got the health spa treatment. Did so for quite a few, the timer cannot tick fast enough for me to run out of the sauna. I have seen people in this forum freeze their Gs that is no problem. But heat :oops: ??

If it is the one I suspect, the G is still around and working. The other only ran out of battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG G View Post
    Have done so b4, the sauna and the cold water dunk. Trying to remember which G got the health spa treatment. Did so for quite a few, the timer cannot tick fast enough for me to run out of the sauna. I have seen people in this forum freeze their Gs that is no problem. But heat :oops: ??

If it is the one I suspect, the G is still around and working. The other only ran out of battery.
    Does that mean living in a hot humid climate is also bad for the watch. Also, what about people that live where it gets to over 100 degrees almost every day in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson777 View Post
    Does that mean living in a hot humid climate is also bad for the watch. Also, what about people that live where it gets to over 100 degrees almost every day in the summer?
    That'd be me but I've had no problems with heat and G-Shocks.
    The heat here is very dry but I suspect that a high humidity heat, as you mentioned, could cause a few issues to arise.

Quote Originally Posted by kpatt View Post
    The heat here is very dry but I suspect that a high humidity heat, as you mentioned, could cause a few issues to arise.
    I live north of New Orleans , and work in New Orleans. Very Humid.

Quote Originally Posted by kpatt View Post
    Actually, I think dry, hot weather would be worse. Wouldn't it help dry out and crack the seals quicker?

I think humidity is fine, but it's the rapid contracting and expanding that my local jeweler says will help wear out WR seals, even on dive watches. He recommends never to wear them in the shower or saunas or spas or even washing up in hot water. They won't fail straight away; it'll just help wear them out quicker.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information