How about a GW-T5000; Titanium!
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How about a GW-T5000; Titanium!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How about a GW-T5000; Titanium!

Sine the prices for the 5000 series G Shocks are climbing, why doesn't Casio make something like the GW-5000 in Titanium with a titanium composite band option? It would be one tough watch and super light too.

I think that would be the grail!
    Fer Guzman and pakupakuman like this.

Re: How about a GW-T5000; Titanium!

Quote Originally Posted by marcb515 View Post
    Sine the prices for the 5000 series G Shocks are climbing, why doesn't Casio make something like the GW-5000 in Titanium with a titanium composite band option? It would be one tough watch and super light too.

I think that would be the grail!
    I like the way you think. Please continue to have thoughts and point your brain in this direction.

Of course Casio won't listen though. They never listen. They just continue to sit in their enormous offices eating sushi from naked Japanese women and taking drugs ...or whatever it is they do when they're failing properly to update their product range rather than just re-release the same stuff in different colours.
    stevenkelby likes this.

im hoping this will be a 30 year anniversary model or its an mrg model but i hope its not 2 or 3k USD like the other mrg models

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock Absorber View Post
    or whatever it is they do when they're failing properly to update their product range rather than just re-release the same stuff in different colours.
    I think they are much more influenced by us and the G-crowd than we know. Just look at the black and white models that have been released lately - many have been doing this as a mod on this forum and then suddenly Casio starts releasing those straight from the factory (thinking of the GWX-8900-7 and stuff like that) - or the stealthed models which IMO also was started by the modders and then adpoted by Casio - could also have been a coincidence, but I doubt it. It's a fact that they know of this forum and maybe they also have people monitoring it. I wouldn't be too surprised if they came out with a new line of camo or jammin color models after all the "camo-madness" going on here .

cheers, Sedi
    Fer Guzman and xevious like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

CASIO: make a gw-5000 all titanium case in 4 versions. 2 positives one with resin and one with a titanium bracelet with a coating similar to the resin/composite bracelet and 2 negatives and put some titanium bull bars on it, and make the screws and buttons titanium, and the buttons slightly longer to make it easier to press. thanks ill start saving money today :)
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; June 26th, 2012 at 01:34.
    Sedi and Tretton like this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I think you're right, Sedi. It would be very remiss for CASIO to ignore the most popular G-Shock forum on the Internet. I'll have to bet they have some people periodically browse through postings here. Who knows, some members here may work for CASIO and just don't let on about it for security reasons. Well, probably to dodge the bombardment of questions and requests that would come their way if the word got out.

I'd be so honored if CASIO pm'ed me directly with appreciation for an article I've posted or to ask my opinion on a prototype they have worked up. Well, that's really presumptuous of me (heh)... if anything guys like Sjors or Sedi would be the members they'd contact given their breadth and tenure in the G-Shock world.

That said, it is indeed interesting to see how several cosmetic variations extensively talked about here ended up becoming a reality. Yet, it could be a coincidence as it's not like there has been very many of them. If we start seeing modules next year that all show the time in STW and CDT modes (or at least in the first 59 minutes, where at 60 minutes the time would be replaced with the hour counter) and the duration ends up with a minimum 24 hours (no more of this ridiculous 60 minute STW or CDT), that will put me over on feeling like CASIO really does read these forums.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

CASIO has made some full titanium cased watches in the past (outside of the Frogman), such as the TW-7000:

Name:  Casio_TW-7000_white+gray1.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  166.8 KB

What I'd like to see is this design migrated into DW-5000/5600 model form. A nice clean dial either in white or dark gray, with a slightly raised inner trim and larger opening to accommodate various markers. Instead of a bolted on titanium trim, make this hardened resin seated in a titanium backplate that bolts to the casing (the resin will do a better job of deflecting blows).
    Fer Guzman and Tretton like this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I think they are much more influenced by us and the G-crowd than we know. Just look at the black and white models that have been released lately - many have been doing this as a mod on this forum and then suddenly Casio starts releasing those straight from the factory (thinking of the GWX-8900-7 and stuff like that) - or the stealthed models which IMO also was started by the modders and then adpoted by Casio - could also have been a coincidence, but I doubt it.
    Name:  22517309.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  77.1 KB
    Sedi likes this.

Loving that pic - you're probably right but one can always hope .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Just don't hold your breath for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information