How About Some Pathfinder PAW-1500 Love?

Thread: How About Some Pathfinder PAW-1500 Love?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How About Some Pathfinder PAW-1500 Love?

Any other owners of this fine watch out there? I just love mine to no end. I'ts my daily driver, and with the solar and atomic features, I trust my time accuracy with this piece implicitly.

Thing is, I'm a casual fan of astronomy and metorology as well, so to have a 'captured moon' of sorts on my watch, and a really cool barometer graph as a prominent feature of the watch... I guess it just really revs up the geek in me, heheh. There hasn't been a day I've owned it that I haven't admired it in some fashion with a smile on my face. Whether it's watching the baro as a low pressure system goes over my area, and seeing this graph perform an elegant, ellipse of a bow and then slowly raise. It's just too cool.

Just yesterday, we had a daytime moon as I was closing in on home from work, and right after I saw it, I immediately looked down at my watch. Sure enough, near picture perfect replica.

Countdown timer, WT, tide graph, stopwatch, altimeter, compass, barometer, tough solar, atomic that has never failed me.... WOW. It's like a Swiss army knife of watches.

Now, if I could just teach it how to cook, or at least be a sous chef, heheh.

C'mon, pathfinder lovers. Give it up for the innovation and show a little support for this, possibly the coolest Casio to date.

Re: How About Some Pathfinder PAW-1500 Love?

Right you are . LOVE my PAW 1500 Y-1. Cheers -Ronbo

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    Right you are . LOVE my PAW 1500 Y-1. Cheers -Ronbo

Man, ronbo. I love mine, but that all black is slick as an IndyCar ride, and twice as cool, heheh. Allow me a brief bout of jealousy for the black on black. I tried to find that one online, but it wasn't to be had.

Nice watch, man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's mine at 14,069 feet (look just below the little guy's right foot on the Garmin GPS unit. My 1500 only showed 13,340 however)

And with a PVD Pre-V buckle :)

I love mine and we're going climbing another 14er next month, stay tuned
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

That makes me curious, onrypt. How do you have yours set? Personally, I set mine to account for my temperature, instead of setting it to actual temperature. That way, when it's accustomed to my temp, the temp is the actual ambient meter. Not sure how much that would affect the altimeter function, but I live in the flatlands of Indiana, so it isn't an especially prominent thing I pay attention to. I think my alt should be near 770ish, but it's read as much as 1340. Give and take.

It's been awhile but if memory serves I set it after it was wrist warm to the altitude my GPS displayed.
    I'll break out my manual next month before I travel to make sure it's set (they're all set) before I climb.
    We're climbing Bierstadt Peak, BTW.
    I did this before I traveled to Colorado from Oklahoma. (I flew and didn't reset once I landed)
    As I said I'm going climbing again at the end of August and will reset my paw1500, my Timex WS4, my pag 40 and pag 80.
    I guess we'll have an altitude challenge and see which watches correlate with a GPS unit at 14,000 feet most accurately
    Cheers,
    C.
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html

Quote Originally Posted by onrypt View Post
    It's been awhile but if memory serves I set it after it was wrist warm to the altitude my GPS displayed.
    I'll break out my manual next month before I travel to make sure it's set (they're all set) before I climb.
    We're climbing Bierstadt Peak, BTW.
    I did this before I traveled to Colorado from Oklahoma. (I flew and didn't reset once I landed)
    As I said I'm going climbing again at the end of August and will reset my paw1500, my Timex WS4, my pag 40 and pag 80.
    I guess we'll have an altitude challenge and see which watches correlate with a GPS unit at 14,000 feet most accurately
    Cheers,
    C.

Dig it. I'll be looking for that post, heheh.

Onrypt,

Did you set your barometer to the local weather report barometric reading that day before climbing? If the watch barometric readings are out of synch with local barometric pressure that can also effect the altitude readings from my experience. Also if you're really O/C you can ask the pilot when you land what the sea level altitude is for the airport to recalibrate your altitude. Pilots usually have this information for all the airports they fly into.

Yes, you are spot on! Love the PAW1500Y-1 with its huge display, tide/moon graphs, and solar atomic and black-on-black coolness!

It's an awesome watch, for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    Onrypt,

Did you set your barometer to the local weather report barometric reading that day before climbing? If the watch barometric readings are out of synch with local barometric pressure that can also effect the altitude readings from my experience. Also if you're really O/C you can ask the pilot when you land what the sea level altitude is for the airport to recalibrate your altitude. Pilots usually have this information for all the airports they fly into.

Hi Sherpa,
    I had it set to local altitude (OK) per my GPS unit and then flew to CO.
    I didn't recalibrate once there and that might have made some of the difference.
    Here are links to two posts I made a year ago..
    (Sorry DarkHorse, wasn't trying to hijack your thread :) )

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/q-d...er-439978.html

and

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/cas...er-441344.html
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information