How can I adjust the band myself?

Thread: How can I adjust the band myself?

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    9

    How can I adjust the band myself?

    I just bought and am delivery waiting of a new GW700BDJ. I'd like to adjust the band myself and I heard there was some tool I could buy on ebay. Anyone know any details?

    Thanks in advance,

    ismay

  2. #2
    Member cal..45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)
    Posts
    8,512

    Re: How can I adjust the band myself?


  3. #3
    Member Gawain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: How can I adjust the band myself?

    No you can't do it yerself, you must ship it off to Lexxorcist and have him work on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ismay View Post
    I just bought and am delivery waiting of a new GW700BDJ. I'd like to adjust the band myself and I heard there was some tool I could buy on ebay. Anyone know any details?

    Thanks in advance,

    ismay
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

    "Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

    "Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

    "The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Luke_A_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    240

    Re: How can I adjust the band myself?

    In my opinion the best way to do the push-out pin type is this:
    Get a small locking wrench, eg. Leatherman Crunch. Clamp a straignened paperclip sideways in the jaws, with about 5mm protruding. Now here is the clever bit; put a piece of card over the spike you have produced, just push the end of the paperclip through the card. Now you have a nice layer of card between the jaws and your watch to stop the jaws from scratching the strap.
    Hold both the strap and your new tool in your hands, and push the pins out with constant pressure. No hammering = far less chance of sratching your strap.

    Luke

  6. #5
    Member bluegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    brisbane, australia
    Posts
    5,160

    Re: How can I adjust the band myself?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_A_P View Post
    In my opinion the best way to do the push-out pin type is this:
    Get a small locking wrench, eg. Leatherman Crunch. Clamp a straignened paperclip sideways in the jaws, with about 5mm protruding. Now here is the clever bit; put a piece of card over the spike you have produced, just push the end of the paperclip through the card. Now you have a nice layer of card between the jaws and your watch to stop the jaws from scratching the strap.
    Hold both the strap and your new tool in your hands, and push the pins out with constant pressure. No hammering = far less chance of sratching your strap.

    Luke
    With the paper clip, do you cut or sharpen the protruding end, or is it left as is?

  7. #6
    Member Luke_A_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    240

    Re: How can I adjust the band myself?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    With the paper clip, do you cut or sharpen the protruding end, or is it left as is?
    Just as it is, the thickness of paperclip wire seems perfect for most watches. Obviously if your strap has narrower holes you will need something finer.

    (To put the pins back in: Put them partway in by hand and then gently press the strap against a desk with a hard but non-watch-scratching surface. That will move them in untill they are flush with the surface, you can press them slightly further in with the paper clip again if you want to.)

    Luke

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •