How to change DW-3000 Battery

Thread: How to change DW-3000 Battery

sml

How to change DW-3000 Battery

I need to replace my battery in my DW-3000. I have opened up the case and a photo is below. How do I remove the battery strap? Is it from the left or right end in the pic below? Any tips to removing?

Also .. it is hard to see in the photo, but there are two upright strips of metal for the speaker, but one of them is tucked under the green piece of plastic. Should that strip of metal be above or tucked under below the green plastic?

Re: How to change DW-3000 Battery

Looking at the photo, it looks like a similar lock as on G-Shocks. You'll need sharp point tweezers or something similar. IBefore I got these tweezers I used a needle. Use the sharp point object to pull the metal strip over it's lock (sorry, I can't explain better in English).

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

sml

Thanks sjors.

I plucked up the courage and used a small screwdriver on the wider end. It popped open and and the battery fell out.

Just need to work out if one of the flat contacts should be tucked under the plastic but I can test that easily when I reinstall the new battery.

How tight do you torque the screwback plate?

Do you think I should get the watch pressure tested?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yep, definitely from the left end. Sometimes you need to apply a little bit of force to pop the tab out.

Also, I am not familiar with the DW-3000 so I don't know if this applies - but be careful not to lose any small spring that might be sticking out of the module. Without that, your watch will no longer beep (if it does currently).

edit: Just saw that you got it. Cool
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

sml

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    Yep, definitely from the left end. Sometimes you need to apply a little bit of force to pop the tab out.
    Thanks

I attacked the battery strap from the wider end ... in the photo this was on the right side! Seemed to work ok.

With regards to torque - as Sjors has sometimes said, 'tight is tight'. If the gasket looks OK, just give it a dab of silicon grease. There's no real need for pressure testing unless you want to exploit every last metre of the depth rating.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information