How to clean strap?

Thread: How to clean strap?

Question How to clean strap?

Hi Forum,

as a week's attempts at finding a replacement band for my favorite G have gone frustratingly unsuccessful, I have been trying to clean an older one I still have, which is in order but filthy.

It's one of them cloth-velcro contraptions, with all sorts of unsavory gunk lodged between every fiber collected during a year's travel through Australia and Asian's tropics. I've tried the washing machine at 90 degrees Celsius a couple of times, I've tried brushing the hell out of it, but to little avail, gunk remains in place.

Any bright ideas here?

Thanks, Paul

Re: How to clean strap?

Paul,

I have a tub of Oxiclean that I use around my home for tough stubborn stains and such (have a 2 year old daughter). you may want to try some of that. I think it might be possible to soak the band overnight in this solution. I don't know if the band has colors and will bleed, but Oxiclean is what I use when I have difficult stains.

Just soak it in regular detergent overnight then wash it in the washing machine with luke warm water.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Okay, I'm going to try that, thanks fellas.

If it doesn't work, a friend of a friend has offered to help using his sonic-bath-clean-machine-thingy, but, though I've seen this work wonders on motorcycle parts, I'm not sure whether a cloth strap's lack of weight will allow for cleaning in this manner. But, since a replacement can't be found, I'll try anything:)

Thanks again,

Paul

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

if your favorite G is the G-2300 shown in your avatar, why don't you simply buy a nice 22mm maractac zulu for it?

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Because I so love the double nylon, velcro and plastic buckle.. see picture!, and yes, that is my beloved G-2300 Black Helios!

Thanks for the tip though, am considering it if all else fails:)

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by darth_barf; October 3rd, 2010 at 00:47.

I would agree try one zulu you will order more.. not sure if 22 or 24 fits it, check if you need adapters for it.

I have Velcro, vinyl soft strap on my timex ironmen watch i have used for years for working out...

I clean that (as well as my ipod athletic nylon holder that gets stinky) by soaking in my broom sink--hour or so in water and with some peppermint DR Brothers Castille soap, rinse them let them air dry outside or winter in sun in house by window..

Works wonders LEt us know your decision! g luck

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    if your favorite G is the G-2300 shown in your avatar, why don't you simply buy a nice 22mm maractac zulu for it?

cheers

Thread Information