How to Clean a white Gshock watch??
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to Clean a white Gshock watch??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Clean a white Gshock watch??

ok i bought one of those bape watches its really nice and everything....but now its changing colour from sweat and messing around i guess. but i want it to look newish again....is there a way to clean white bands and stuff..? i didnt think there was but i thought id ask n e way.
    thanks

Re: How to Clean a white Gshock watch??

I dont have a white watch, but some grey and yellow, i thought about trying something like Oxy Clean when the need arised.

Start with the mild stuff then work your way up: Dish soap, Oxy Clean, Dish washing machine soap, Goo-gone, WD-40, ......

WD-40 would be a no-no, wouldn't it? I thought I read that petroleum based substances cause resin rot. I'd also be weary of using Goo-Gone.

I'd say definately see what can be done with soap and water first. My buddy tells me he actually showers with his G on so that it frequently gets a little wash to help it stay clean. :-D It's a good idea actually!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Soap and water...I clean my watches with that and works fine
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

Wink Re: How to Clean a white Gshock watch??

I have used a bleach solution (spelling?, hypochlorite solution) to get rid of some red coloring on a G-Cool in the far past which worked well. Bleach is pretty agressive, so actually I don't recommend it really.

I think white G-Shock's will adapt new colors eventually. I think it gives the charactr. Look at my "new" Mudman. I's more or less yellowish. A pitty summer is over. A nice watch to flash with over the Flushing Boulevard...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

well i cant really tell how yellow it is, but thats the kinda white i want to clean....i want it to look newish at least... but its jus changing colour, and i shower with my watches n stuff, so i guess soap dont work... ill put it in some warm water and a lil bit of washing up liquid... lol
    gota keep trying...i was saving bleach as a last resort! lol

I use this product called Oxo Brite (http://www.ecos.com/NEWSITE/pages/products/oxo.html) as an alternative to bleach to clean laundry, dishes, sinks, almost anything. The product says don't use on wool, silk and leather.

The product boasts that it is eco-friendly. I get it at Trader Joe's, an alternative supermarket in southern california (and maybe other places).

It works well on everything I've used it on. I can't imagine it would harm resin or plastic. A previous poster mentioned a similar product, Oxy Clean or something.

well i used the oxy clean, didnt really make an improvement..and i live in the uk so i think it will b hard to find that product..
    any other suggestions!?

Any other chemists out there? Back me up here Sjors.

I think the Oxy products you mention are a bleach alternative (probably sodium perborate or a borax type chemical), which are usually less aggressive (to use Sjors terminology) than regular bleach. You could certainly try using very diluted bleach solutions, and gradually make them stronger if you see no improvement. Bleach can be harsh though.

DO NOT use any petroleum based products, like Goo-gone!!! They will eat any plastic or resin or otherwise petroleum products, like resins. Like dissolves like, and since resins are organic based, the organic or petroleum based products will dissolve them.

Neil
    BS in Chemistry
    Chemistry teacher

That keeps me from buying those breath-taking white models:-D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information