How to convert GWA-1000FC to a more dressy watch?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How to convert GWA-1000FC to a more dressy watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to convert GWA-1000FC to a more dressy watch?

Hello, I'm new here and is wondering if anyone knows how to convert watch (especially the crown) to be worn appropriate on dress? Thank you!

Re: How to convert GWA-1000FC to a more dressy watch?

It's a >50mm watch, that is so thick it doesn't fit under some peoples cuffs. No cosmetic modification can change the inappropriate physical dimensions.

Whimsical answer: I think either you ought to embrace it as it is, boldly breaking convention by wearing a bloody large G-Shock. This works perhaps best when people have expensive dress watches. Not so much when they are wearing plain looking Citizens, Seikos, or Tissots (the most boring watch brand on earth). Because your watch says: "Hey, i'm not wearing one of those jewels like all you rich old geezers!" in the former case and "Hey [...] you poor old geezers". Or just wear nothing or something inconspicuous when dressed up.
    Last edited by sdog; May 1st, 2014 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog View Post
    It's a >50mm watch, that is so thick it doesn't fit under some peoples cuffs. No cosmetic modification can change the inappropriate physical dimensions.

Whimsical answer: I think either you ought to embrace it as it is, boldly breaking convention by wearing a bloody large G-Shock. This works perhaps best when people have expensive dress watches. Not so much when they are wearing plain looking Citizens, Seikos, or Tissots (the most boring watch brand on earth). Because your watch says: "Hey, i'm not wearing one of those jewels like all you rich old geezers!" in the former case and "Hey [...] you poor old geezers". Or just wear nothing or something inconspicuous when dressed up.

A very good point. Now I'm confused between which model will work better with dress, jeans, and any color of shirts? GWA1000FC- 2A or GWA10000FC-1A4z?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by noinoi24 View Post
    A very good point. Now I'm confused between which model will work better with dress, jeans, and any color of shirts? GWA1000FC- 2A or GWA10000FC-1A4z?
    light navy (if it can called that) and gray will always match well with just about everything. It's just how bored will you be and whether you want your watch part foundation for your outfit. the latter could be more punchy but depends how much you love orange

Could always spray it chrome 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How to dress up a GWA-1100FC?

Wear it with a suit!

I wear it with suits all the time.

"He's just a witness"

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

If money is not an issue, or you can wait about half a year or so until prices drop, go for the GW-A1100. It addresses several annoying aspects in the GW-A1000, and comes much closer to a nearly perfect analogue g-shock.

I think it looks also better. While i like minimalism the GW-A1000 is not good at it. It has a much cleaner dial, but those few elements do not have a good aesthetically pleasing balance on it. This is compensated in the 1100 desin, where the numbers on the 24 hour sub-dial are detached. This makes the watch a bit more balanced, less empty and it increases readability. The blue one really goes well with a suit, but still not a dress watch, but bold.
    Last edited by sdog; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:32. Reason: added link to review

op - i thought the fc band is what makes it "dressier" in the first place? def. looks alot classier to me than the plain ol resin band.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog View Post
    If money is not an issue, or you can wait about half a year or so until prices drop, go for the GW-A1100. It addresses several annoying aspects in the GW-A1000, and comes much closer to a nearly perfect analogue g-shock.

I think it looks also better. While i like minimalism the GW-A1000 is not good at it. It has a much cleaner dial, but those few elements do not have a good aesthetically pleasing balance on it. This is compensated in the 1100 desin, where the numbers on the 24 hour sub-dial are detached. This makes the watch a bit more balanced, less empty and it increases readability. The blue one really goes well with a suit, but still not a dress watch, but bold.
    pretty much my pinup watch! but the longer ive looked at prices the more expensive theyve gotten and theyre becoming less and less available! the local jeweller is getting sick of me going in and trying it on lol (local price has stayed steady tho...at $1100!)
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    op - i thought the fc band is what makes it "dressier" in the first place? def. looks alot classier to me than the plain ol resin band.
    Don't know... A bracelet is completely out of place on a real dress watch. I consider watches with a dressy, shiny face a sign of bad style when they are on a metal bracelet. It's a bit like wearing, out of ignorance, hiking boots to black tie. (It's different with the g-shock, that's like wearing hiking boots on purpose to black tie.)

pretty much my pinup watch! but the longer ive looked at prices the more expensive theyve gotten and theyre becoming less and less available! the local jeweller is getting sick of me going in and trying it on lol (local price has stayed steady tho...at $1100!)
    Ah, that's the constant trouble in OZ i suppose. All tech costs a fortune. I hope for you to have friends who have to fly intercontinental and have a stopover in HK or Tokyo!

But in the US the most basic 1100 is almost twice as expensive as the simple 1000 -- the reason i decided to buy the lesser watch (only a fortnight ago).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information