How do the bands on the 5600 series hold up, and what are the strap options??

Thread: How do the bands on the 5600 series hold up, and what are the strap options??

How do the bands on the 5600 series hold up, and what are the strap options??

Just got my GW-M5600, and I'm wondering how long I can expect the band to last with everyday use?

And, what are the various band/strap options available for the GW-M5600?

Thank you!
    Last edited by marcb515; August 23rd, 2010 at 19:55.

Re: How do the bands on the 5600 series hold up, and what are the strap options??

My 5600C strap has been replaced just once in 22 years, but I don't know if the current 5600s are as durable. It's impossible to tell so far
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Re: How do the bands on the 5600 series hold up, and what are the strap options??

I've got my GWM 56001ER in october 2009 and it's the watch that monopolized my wrist since then.
    I've took it on atlantic flights all over the world,smashed it in the mud while riding my bike,exposed it in the baking hot sun,plunged it into chlorine water and worst of all desk dive with it at the office. This last one seemed to be the worst of the above. The strap is now all shiny where it get the friction whit the desk,but besides that there's no sign of particular wear or break.

I've heard that the silicones and plastics used in today's bands have been improved a lot compared to those made 20 years ago,but yes,it's impossible to tell.
    One thing that scares me is my GWM 5000 1JF band. It is made in a completely different resin. It feels smooth and silky,incredibly pliable. Now that makes me feel paranoid about using it everyday !!
    Last edited by gettocard; August 23rd, 2010 at 23:12.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My M5600-1er is on my wrist since December 2009. Was biking in the snow, mud and the hot summer sun. Doing the garden work with it, swimming and showering.

The band is smooth and comfortable since the first day, just a few scratches. I think it will easily last a couple of years, maybe much longer.
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

Thread Information