How do you display/store your Casio watches?
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: How do you display/store your Casio watches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you display/store your Casio watches?

I have recently succumbed to the deadly (to the wallet) Casio-Watch Bug... I have purchased over dozen G-Shocks - all with 'tough solar' power... I currently have them lined up along the windowsill - but they are getting dusty and are in danger of being eaten by our newest rescue dog...

that said, what kind of displays/storage are popular with serious watch collectors?

thanks,

Mike (here is a picture of Bumpus the watch-eating hound)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Live and Don't Learn....

Re: How do you display/store your Casio watches?

Your dog looks really cool and fun, I love the expression on his face!

For displaying and charging I use the Collectower from Japan. I have 2 of them and will be getting a 3rd one. They close on a snap post like system, swinging open. But they are clear to allow charging of solars. Not sure if it would be as secure and unbreakable as you'd like. Not sure if your dog knocks down potted plants on the window sill, as this would look/be similar.

Another option is the glass topped watch boxes. I like the towers because you can see your collection on display as well.

Here's a picture for you of the tower. You can get them on Amazon or eBay pretty easily. Will take a long time to arrive from Japan. Try to find a US eBay seller with one if you want one and don't want to wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Phantasm; July 28th, 2015 at 00:18.
    oz2124, mitadoc, RHJones and 6 others like this.

I put all of my solar watches, which include G-Shocks, a Pathfinder, other Casios, and Citizen Eco-Drives, in a glass top case similar to this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHJLS2I

When I want to charge the watches, I just move the whole case to a window with indirect light.

Keep in mind that the slots in the case above may not be wide enough if you only have really big G-Shocks. My G-Shock solars are 46mm or smaller, so they fit fine in the above case with my various other solar watches. I have a 50mm Pathfinder PAW2000 in the case between two smaller watches and it fits fine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

We had this type of thread before but here is what I use. I know have two of them. One for digital watches and the other for analog's. Best money I spent from Home Depot. These are Stanley brand parts organizers with adjustable tabs in yellow. I think I paid maybe $12 each.

This is an old photo before the collection multiplied.

Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

This is where I store my Gs:

Name:  Starscream-astrum.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  58.0 KB

Some get put in a pelican case. i got 2 different sizes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7550.JPG 
Views:	461 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	4799482

Name:	IMG_7551.JPG 
Views:	470 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	4799490

then some in this plastic stationary cabinet thing i got got (yes i stuck tmnt stickers on it.. lol)

Name:	IMG_7553.JPG 
Views:	464 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	4799506

and some are just thrown around the room, like in front of the TV etc.. so i can grab them quickly in case I'm in a rush. I also have a dog but don't let him in the room so no danger of getting damaged.

as for the solars, i've got 6. I just put them out on the balcony when i feel like they need a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmagator View Post
    Bumpus the watch-eating hound)
    I forgot to add dogs like Bumpus (any dog really) will chew the heck out of the G-Shock resin watches. Something in the resin makes them very tasty for dogs.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Here's my display...I ordered 2 collectower displays from Japan. .. A MONTH AGO!.. patience is running thin. Lol

SENT FROM MY NOTE EDGE USING TAPATALK
    RHJones, Kev55, Phantasm and 2 others like this.

I have 2 pelican cases and 6 Collectowers

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438053527.329579.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  260.0 KB

I need to pick up at least a couple more towers.

Seems like the watches show up faster than I can get the storage for them.
    When was it ever a question of need?

Omega: Seamaster DeVille, Speedmaster 3523.80, Doxa: Sub 750T Pro GMT #387, Prometheus: S80 #75 of 150, Seiko: Alarm Chrono H249-5069, Chrono Diver 7T32-7E49, Black Monster SKX779K1, Orange Monster SKX781K1, Blue Sumo SBDC003, 5 Sports Blue Mini Monster, 5 Sports White Mini Monster, 5 Sports WSNK841, Type II 7559-601A, Casio: G-Shock DW-5000, PathFinder PRT-50, G-Shock DW-003, G-Shock GA100A-7A, G-Shock GD100HC-1, G-Shock G9000MS-1 Mudman, G-Shock G9000MX-2 Mudman, G-Shock G9000MX-4 Mudman, G-Shock GX56-1A King, G-Shock GW3000B-1A, G-Shock DW6900HM-2, G-ShocK DW6900-1V, SGW-100, G-Shock G5600CC-2DR, G-Shock GXW-56E-1JF King, G-Shock GF-8250ER-2 Frogman, G-Shock DW6930-4ER, G-Shock G-9100-2 Gulfman, G-Shock GX-56-1B King, Citizen: NaviHawk Blue Angels C300-Q00842, Largo Eco Drive BL5142-56P, Promaster 300m Pro Diver BJ8050-08E Ecozilla, Timex: Intelligent Quartz T 2N729, Fossil: Blue Titanium TI-5010, AM-4116, AM-2370, Arkitekt FS-4250...

First of all kudos to Pharmagator for the rescue dog. He seems like a fairly obedient fellow in that pic, intently waiting for the command to eat the food. Hopefully that will carry over into not eating watches. I'm lucky as our pup has never chewed on anything in the house, and also waits for me to give him the "OK" signal before eating anything.

I enjoy displaying my watches in my bedroom, which doubles as my home office. Its the biggest room in the house, and it is upstairs overlooking everything going on outside, so much of my indoor time is spent in thins room. Actually, due to the size of this room, it actually serves as a second living room for the family as well.

Anyhow, the watches are mostly displayed on my bookshelf and desk. I do have one G Shock tower, which I especially like for storing 1000 series frogs.

The bookshelf

The desk

Oh, and can't forget the ever important parts drawer. One drawer in my dresser is dedicated to spare parts/projects

Thanks for letting me share friends!

Like this:

Enviado de meu LG-D855 usando Tapatalk
    Knives and Lint likes this.
    CITIZEN:aqualand c021, c022, 5810

CASIO: 5600

SEIKO: skx007k

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information