How do you guys feel about analog Gs?

Thread: How do you guys feel about analog Gs?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

How do you guys feel about analog Gs?

Just wanted know what you guys thought of analog G-Shocks. It looks like digital is the big thing around here, but I'm thinking of picking up an AWG100-1A:

Any opinions about analog Gs? I've been wearing analogs for most of my life, and very much prefer them.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Re: How do you guys feel about analog Gs?

Im not really a fan of Ana-digi Gshocks except for the GA series.

I wish they'd make one, apart from ana-digis. I think the only analogue G-Shock is a Giez.

Three hands, nothing more - I'd be interested.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I tried them but prefer digital G's

i tried the AWG100 and the GW3000.

neither worked for me.

i personally don't like ani-digi watches, and analog G's just give up too much in functions.

I like them.

Mitch

I love my Analogs. Problem is Casio fails all the time to make a good one. They do not and never have been interested in putting good lume in there watches. To me that is just poor planning on Casios part. I like the AWG100 it is a little small I wish they made one the same style just larger. As I am typing this I am wearing my GA100 Stealth. Love the size and functions but again they for some stupid reason did not put lume on there hands. I can and do get along fine with my analogs like my Orange Monster, ( Awesome lume did I mention I love lume ) I like to have day, date and timing bezel.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Mitch, that white face one looks awesome! As do most of them.

For the others, do you really use all those extra features? The AWG I posted, for example, has solar, atomic, alarm, stopwatch, and a lume feature, which is really what I need (I'm using a Hamilton King Scuba for my "G-Shock" duty; working out, cooking, getting dirty). I know that G-Shocks have a shedload of features and functions, but I'm not entirely sure what I'd use them for, if ever. The durability and affordability of the G-Shock line is really what is drawing me to the line. I'm also looking at Suunto and Nixon, for comparison.

Oh, and thanks for the responses so far! There are so many G-Shocks out there, it's kind of overwhelming for someone looking to dip his foot in.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    I love my Analogs. Problem is Casio fails all the time to make a good one. They do not and never have been interested in putting good lume in there watches. To me that is just poor planning on Casios part. I like the AWG100 it is a little small I wish they made one the same style just larger. As I am typing this I am wearing my GA100 Stealth. Love the size and functions but again they for some stupid reason did not put lume on there hands. I can and do get along fine with my analogs like my Orange Monster, ( Awesome lume did I mention I love lume ) I like to have day, date and timing bezel.
    Yeah, I've heard things about G-Shock's poor lume. And it's hard to compare to a dive watch, since they often have the best lume.

I just purchased an AWG100 this week. I have been wearing a GW500A for years now and have been very impressed with just about everything that it does, but I have always wanted an analog counterpart. After some internal debate on what I wanted vs. what I could live without, I ended up selecting the AWG100. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I miss the auto light function on my GW500A, but other than that, I have no real complaints.

I think there are some standard gripes that probably annoy most folks that are used to digital watches, like the digital functions being obscured by the hands on occasion. I sort of look at the digital functionality as a bonus, so the hands getting in the way occasionally is just something that goes with an analog design.

I love the whole solar power and atomic timekeeping combo and I think you are getting a lot of watch for the money so I say give one a shot and see if you like it! Now that I have one of each I feel like I can start collecting G-Shocks for purely gluttonous reasons, as opposed to a logical need for one analog and one digital!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information