How do you order replacement bezels/bands/casebacks from Casio?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How do you order replacement bezels/bands/casebacks from Casio?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you order replacement bezels/bands/casebacks from Casio?

I used to be an avid collector of G-Shocks, but a few months ago, I sold most of what I owned, and now only own a handful (all of which I wear on rotation). Though I do try to be careful with my watches, some of them are pretty beat down right now. Specifically, I have a DW6901 that has severe scuffing on the bezel and fraying on the straps (the watch came with nato straps; I wore it the most out of all my watches), a DW5025D-8 whose jelly band and bezel has yellowed severely, and a DW5030C with a lot of scratches on the face of the watch (pretty deep ones) as well as the screwback caseback (I know, not a great track record). Anyways, I was wondering if it was possible to order replacement parts directly from Casio and see if there was a way to restore these watches to their former glory.
    My question is: Does Casio sell replacement parts for limited release G-Shocks, and if so, how do I go about ordering them? Do they have a service where I can send in the watches to them (if not, I am completely fine with doing the work myself, I have the tools for the screws and the springbars, just need the parts)?

Re: How do you order replacement bezels/bands/casebacks from Casio?

Usually limited editions have short run of replacement bezels/straps, maybe few weeks or months after its been released. But after that they are not avaliable anymore.

Both 6901 and jelly square will be difficult to find, your only option really is to find it second hand, someone selling replacement bezels that they bought before, either on ebay or on forums.

You can put regular black resin on both of those, they still make them. You can try with your local Casio dealer or Pacparts.

The DW5030C and DW6901 are two of the watches on Casio's relatively recent list of watches for which they won't sell parts directly to consumers: Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO (which links to the list at) Repair & Service Watch List

Obviously, the bad news is that they won't sell those parts directly TO us; the good news is that their website suggests that THEY still have parts that they'll install if we send the watch back to them for repair! The first link above suggests that they'll pay for shipping, but there may be a cost involved for parts and labor.

Another option is UK-based Tiktox.com, who has been able to procure and sell some resin sets from watches on that list.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You can still get parts for the 5030C, such as the case back and the crystal/glass: Casio DW5030C-1 Parts and Accessories

They take a little while to come in, but they're available. The bezel for the 5030C is the bezel for the DW-5600EG, so that's available, and the band is the same resin as the GW-M5610 I think. You could order a strap for that and replace the buckle and keeper. The glass replacement is a bit difficult, but can be done with the proper tools.
    G-Shocks:
    DW-5000-1JF (w/ 5030 display) <-Daily Wearer
    GW-5000-1JF |DW-5600E | DW-5000-1JF (x2) <-Ya know...for backup...
    DW-5030 | DW-5000SL (x2) | DW-6900...something.

Got Square!?

Quote Originally Posted by sticktodrum View Post
    You can still get parts for the 5030C, such as the case back and the crystal/glass: Casio DW5030C-1 Parts and Accessories

They take a little while to come in, but they're available. The bezel for the 5030C is the bezel for the DW-5600EG, so that's available, and the band is the same resin as the GW-M5610 I think. You could order a strap for that and replace the buckle and keeper. The glass replacement is a bit difficult, but can be done with the proper tools.
    You're right -- MOST of the parts that Casio is restricting are the bezels, straps, and "dials" (or LCD's and modules for digital models), as shown in your link.

Luckily, it's easy to find bezels and straps that FIT their "restricted" models, even if they're not the original color, but if the parts were black to start with it's even easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post

You're right -- MOST of the parts that Casio is restricting are the bezels, straps, and "dials" (or LCD's and modules for digital models), as shown in your link.

Luckily, it's easy to find bezels and straps that FIT their "restricted" models, even if they're not the original color, but if the parts were black to start with it's even easier!
    The bezel letter coloring on the dw-5600eg and dw-5030c is 100% identical whether casio admits it or not
    idkfa and JohnQFord like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    The bezel letter coloring on the dw-5600eg and dw-5030c is 100% identical whether casio admits it or not
    100%.

Name:  uja8u4e5.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  64.6 KB
    JohnQFord likes this.

hi there,
    I have a few hardcases + bezel for the DW-6901UD-3 Undefeated model sitting around.
    Let me know if you need any.
    The dials and bands (nylon strap) are also available together with it's so called "adapter piece" to join the band together.
    thanks
    JohnQFord likes this.

sorry forgot to include the image earlier. All parts are available. However, only do this if you have the right tools and knowledge, to safeguard your precious piece in its original water resist form. Backcases should be tightened well and the o-ring is a must. I've seen people using grease on the O-ring to make it stick better to the case lining and to prevent water from sipping in.

image credit from belispree.com
    Thanks
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2016-08-23 at 1.02.17 PM.jpeg
Views: 1385
Size:  130.7 KB

To a different question set,
    I wonder if any of you has any idea how to dye the bezel part? I've seen some youtube videos, but they never really produce the same quality i was expecting.
    Do we need some sort of coating on the band to prevent abrasion?
    Tried doing UV print on these before , the printout was simply marvellous but they simply do not last the test of time with wear & tear.

Quote Originally Posted by cyenxian View Post
    hi there,
    I have a few hardcases + bezel for the DW-6901UD-3 Undefeated model sitting around.
    Let me know if you need any.
    The dials and bands (nylon strap) are also available together with it's so called "adapter piece" to join the band together.
    thanks
    1. This thread was started a year ago, probably op already got what he needed
    2. Are you offering the parts for free? If yes, theres a "donation thread"
    3. If you are selling them, theres the "marketplace" section
    4. Posting actual pics will do wonders
    Mike K likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information