How do you report a fake on Ebay?

Thread: How do you report a fake on Ebay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you report a fake on Ebay?

"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Re: How do you report a fake on Ebay?

Press the "report item" button on that very same page.

There have been a large number of fake G Shocks on eBay recently. I reported this one and last week reported a fake Bape.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ebay does not care, they must be hurting bad......they dont remove these "fake" listings anymore. Casio needs to step in here if fakes are to be aggressively removed by Ebay.

I dont think Casio cares....yet.

Thumbs Up Re: How do you report a fake on Ebay?

i don't think both CASIO and Ebay care about this. I personally have reported 10-20 listings. It seems like fake Gs are still on the Bay. So i have an idea that i will list a guide which is actually a link from our forum on ebay so that people know basically what a real G looks like and avoid paying high price for a duck. who knows we could probably have more members???
    My collection:
    G-shock: GW9010-1, G9000-8v, G9100-4R, DW6900CS-1, DW6900CS-4, DW6900CS-7, DW6900MS-1, DW6925E-7, DW6900FIFA, DW6900CC-6, GLX5600-7

Beauty fades, Dump is forever

There are a lot of fake Frogs there, I dont think ebay cares.

Reporting fakes on ebay is like...well, since this is a nice forum I can't use the metaphor I had in mind. Let's just say it makes you feel better but nobody will notice or care.

I did report more than 20 fakes in one day before. Dont know what happened to them as there's too much to track.

eBay can't remove listings on the strength of one unsubstantiated allegation an item is a fake. You could spend all day reporting fake Bapes on eBay.

It would be interesting to find out what actually happens when they receive a report that an item is a fake. Do they actively investigate, or just wait and see if there are any further reports? I thought there was a court case not so long ago (involving designer handbags I think, might have been brought in France) which decided that eBay had some responsibility for fakes sold through them?

I've reported a fake on eBay to Casio recently, but haven't yet had a response.
    'I never done it'

I've only ever reported a couple of fakes. Never heard back from ebay (I'm sure I wasnt the only one) but they were withdrawn.
    I've never had a fake for sale but I would guess that ebay contacts the seller with the allegation. If the items are dodgy, the seller stops the sale immediately and probably just chances it some other time.

Rather than trying to stop these though, Im more annoyed that ebay lump all Casio sales in the 'guilty until proved innocent' camp.
    I've sold three watches on there in the last 3 months. Two Gs and a Traser. The Traser was bought, paid for and funds available to me immediately.
    The two Casio's were bought, paid for but ebay/Paypal held the payments until I received feedback from the buyer.
    Thats all well and good, but I may be selling and want to use the funds to buy something else quicker than that!

Just one of the things that bothers me about ebay/Paypal. Little protection for small sellers like me. Meanwhile the fake merchants are working away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information