How do you wear your watch?

Thread: How do you wear your watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How do you wear your watch?

This might be a silly thread to start since G-Shocks seem to be much less susceptible to crystal scratching due to the fact that the glass is recessed below the bezel, but who out there wears their G-shock (or any watch for that matter) with the dial on the inside of their wrist?

I did some searching in the forums but didn't have much luck finding this topic so I thought I would ask.

Also, if you wear the dial on the inside--why? Is it personal preference or do you feel it reduces scratches and whacks on many a door frame?

This has always been a curious topic for me. Maybe I should start a poll?

Cheers,
    --Paulie

P.S. I wear all my watches (G or not with the dial up)
    What's brown and sounds like a bell?.......Dung!!

Re: How do you wear your watch?

I wear with the dial on the top of my wrist. I am a watch fan, and sometimes like to observe what others are wearing and rarely notice G's being worn with the dial on the inside. I have seen other watches being worn with the dial on the inside, but not a lot of G's.

As rough as the clasp on my daily wearer (Planet Ocean) looks, I can't imagine wearing the "head" of the watch on the underside of my wrist. The Quality Manager for one of our bigger customers, though, wears a Sub no-date this way...as well as having about 2-3 extra links in the bracelet. It makes me a little sick to see such a nice watch being worn with such disdain.
    Casio G-Shock Rescue GW7900B-1
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2208.50
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50
    Omega "Bumper" Automatic
    Orient Mako
    Rolex Explorer II
    Tissot Heritage Visodate

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Always right-side up. I can't imagine ever wanting to increase the risk of damage by wearing a watch face down and I find it a bit disturbing when I see others doing it. But, hey, it's their watch.

Face up..but I do change wrist so to even out the tan lines

sunny side up...

something not mentioned is why do people wear their watches so low (far down) on their wrists? I never can understand it when I see it, how do you even bend your wrist back without the watch digging into your hand? Doesnt seem very functional

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

left wrist: face up
    right wrist: face down

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Left wrist sunny-side-up! Don't feel comfortable any other way around and can't seem to wear any watch on my right wrist.. I wonder how many people switch between their left and right wrists..

Reagards

I wore my watch face down for a while thinking it would protect the watch. I thought it would protect the faceplate (because at the time I usually smashed the faceplate out on watches within a month or so).

Actually, what destroyed that watch was from wearing it face up; I got it caught in a door and ripped the wristband off. There is clearly no way to repair it because the straps were held in by a puny metal "pin". The holes that hold the pin in, located in the plastic of the "main part of the watch", were destroyed so there is no fixing that. This was a GW-300 by the way. The next one I got, a GW-700a, has a different way of connecting the band to the watch and is a lot sturdier (but I zapped that one with a lot of static electricity and it has had troubles ever since - looking for replacement now).

But yeah I just wear it face up now, because I just sit around inside all day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information