How does it look on my hand? !!!
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: How does it look on my hand? !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does it look on my hand? !!!

Hi everyone

I recently purchased my first G Shock 110 1B and love it but i am still not sure if it looks good on my hand or no? i have taken a few pics from different angles, please let me know if it looks too BIG or does it look OK on my hand. if it looks BIG, maybe i will just return it. Your comments will help me decide if I should really keep it.

Please let me know how it looks. Appreciate your opinion
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: How does it look on my hand? !!!

Man perfect size, its imo one of the best case designs, ive got two in my signature, check em out OP the camo is sweet as.
    It really suits you, better than most imo, great looking watch, great colour and perfect on you, and welcome to the G forum, i expect youll have a few more by the end of the weak lol, cheers
    kwara4u likes this.

Looks great. Maybe not for the office though?
    kwara4u likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. Office is what got me into G Shocks. I saw a few people wearing it and got interested in it. I started looking around and learned more about them and what they are really famous for. I had seen them around but never really cared about them until I saw many offshore contractors wearing it. I am a little rough with watches, not that I go on hiking or anything but I hit them around all time.

Previously, I have owned Kenneth Cole and Diesel, all fancy expensive watches but I was just tired of taking care of them to make sure I don't put a dent on it. G Shocks are known to be rough watches and this one isn't that expensive, got it for less than $100. Even if I rough use it for two years I wouldn't regret it compared to my previous fancy watches for which I felt bad all times after getting them scratched

I think it looks a little big, BUT like a lot of modern watches, that model was DESIGNED to be large!

I'll also never understand how people wear their watches so far down their arms, OVER the wrist joint. I've always worn my watches at the skinniest part of my wrist, so I can still bend my wrist backward without my hand hitting the watch, but there seems to be a trend to wear them farther down these days.
    kwara4u likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I think it looks a little big, BUT like a lot of modern watches, that model was DESIGNED to be large!

I'll also never understand how people wear their watches so far down their arms, OVER the wrist joint. I've always worn my watches at the skinniest part of my wrist, so I can still bend my wrist backward without my hand hitting the watch, but there seems to be a trend to wear them farther down these days.
    Depends on the wrist ive got a big bone left side of my wrist, i cant wear it on it, cant wear it above it its way to high imo and it doesnt feel right, below the bone like the op is perfect for me and feels way better but i wear my watches fairly loose, anything higher looks wrong to me but each to their own.
    Rocat and soulbridgemedia like this.

such a disappointment, I clicked into this thread expecting to see a girl's arm/wrist

no offense to ............. any female out there, it's just the wifey asks this kind of question a lot and on everything
    kwara4u and Cobia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    such a disappointment, I clicked into this thread expecting to see a girl's arm/wrist

no offense to ............. any female out there, it's just the wifey asks this kind of question a lot and on everything
    Sorry to disappoint you but how does it look?

"How does it look on my hand?"

Well, it doesn't work on your hand! But it looks fine on your wrist.

As for the talk started by Mike about the correct position for wearing a watch. In correct anatomical terms, a watch should be worn proximal (toward body) to the head of ulna. For the reason of allowing freedom of movement for the carpal (as mentioned by Mike) and preventing restriction of blood flow to the hand.

You can find the head of ulna easily by looking at the back side of your hand and wrist. It's a crest (protrusion) located on the same side as your pinky and just behind (proximal to) the carpal bones. Proper way of wearing watch is to put it behind (proximal to) that "bone". By wearing it on top of the "bone", it causes discomfort since the surface is not flat. By it wearing ahead of (distal to) the "bone", you restricts your wrist movement and blood flow if the band's too tight.

Here's picture of some random dude showing off his expensive watch, but apparently wearing it in the anatomically correct position.
    Name:  travoltawatch.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  38.0 KB
    Mike K, kwara4u and JohnQFord like this.

Not a watch related comment but....
    Mentioning body parts reminds me of "Seinfeld" and his girlfriend's name he could not remember. BTW, Kramer wants to know if you want a Junior Mint.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information