How on earth do you guy's manage to choose a watch to wear for the day...?

Thread: How on earth do you guy's manage to choose a watch to wear for the day...?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Off Topic post How on earth do you guy's manage to choose a watch to wear for the day...?

This question has been on my mind ever since I joined this forum.... I only
    have two watches a GW-M5600 and a Seiko SBPG001... They're kind of
    the same type of watch only one is a bit more dressy and not shock proof.

The Seiko is the one I reach for most of the time as it goes better with
    my suit at work, but still I sometimes wear the Casio because I really like
    it... then I think, but I really like the Seiko too and I have this dilema
    about which one to wear and I go back and forth until I'm late for work.

So how do you chaps with 5, 10, 20 or 100 watches ever manage to leave
    the house in the morning...... I am really very curious..!!

Cheers,
    Rico.

Re: How on earth do you guy's manage to choose a watch to wear for the day...?

Hi,
    good question! Well I don't have 100 watches, but sometimes I change my watch 3-4 times a day. Only when I got something new it will stay on the wrist for quite some time, but after two weeks or so it's back to heavy rotation most of the time. But usually it's like 3-4 favorites that I choose from, while the rest stays in the box. I mostly wear my GW-9010, Angular Momentum, Stovard Jürgenson Chrono and since today the GW-2500 will probably get quite some wrist time. It arrived this morning and I didn't have the time to take some decent pix, so an introduction and review will follow.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

It aint easy, but someone has to do it.

I often ask my wife. She loves that. LOL

But my collection is quite eclectic. G Shock to fine Swiss mechanicals. So I find myself kind of spending my times in my collections "sub-genres". Right now Im in a HUGE G Shock phase. I usually take 3 to work with me and change LOL.

But soon It will back to Suunto or Hamilton, or Tissot, or Seiko.... you get the point! :)

I just have fun with it! Thats kind of the point huh?
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think i have near 20, but i'd say only 11 of them are worth wearing. (you know how other people hear that you like watches and buy you some crap, i keep them around incase those people ask about them...i dont have heart to trash/sell/reject the gifts...Is that a bad thing?)

But, I have them lined up in my watch box according to type, dress/sport/other. Based on what i'm doing I just open that drawer of the watch box and pick out the one that looks cool or matches whatever i'm wearing. This way i'm only selecting 1/3-4 instead of 1/11.

I'm going to assume this is the standard way of doing things.

Thats my method anyway.

this isn't set in stone, but i tend to settle on one watch for the work week. i don't think i have specific system for choosing that 'one', though....
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Well sometimes its just a matter of which one I need for the day, Chrono, two time zones, or a work watch. Sometimes it is what feels good on the wrist [light,heavy,leather or bracelet] looks - gold or silver. sometimes its just time to take that old dependable classic out of the safe for a day or two, and we can't forget the show off factor. As a rule I wear the same three or four just because they don't get locked in the safe and are easy to get too. but it is great getting them out and picking a few to wear for the next few days or weeks, I love watches, cheap, expensive, small, large. its like taking the kids out on the town you have to do it with all of them once and a while. I get so confused

simple.......
    i pick my only G and i'm ready........

i wear classic watch exclusively when i'm well dressed.......
    watches are meant to tell times..

Suspended

how do you choose one puppy out of the litter?

regards,
    gerry fonklover

I have a bit more then 50 watches. A dozen or so are my regular rotation watches.

Some watches get more wrist time then others, like the Breitling or certain G-Shocks. Others are worn when the mood strikes me. I'll occasionally pick a watch based on the weather, color of my sweater or current news events. I'll wear whatever jumps out at me.

There's very little method to my madness. And I like that just fine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information