How to find the right G
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How to find the right G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Member Ziptie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    694

    How to find the right G

    Ok, I知 curious about buying my first G. However, I知 not seeing an easy way to search for the features I want in order to narrow the field. The Casio web site seems useless. Is there a resource I知 missing? Some huge comparison table or standard reference?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    82

    Re: How to find the right G

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
    Ok, I知 curious about buying my first G. However, I知 not seeing an easy way to search for the features I want in order to narrow the field. The Casio web site seems useless. Is there a resource I知 missing? Some huge comparison table or standard reference?

    Thanks!
    I'd have a look at the following links. They might help you determine what you're looking for.


    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t


    Just be aware that I haven't updated the link below to include the new generation of bluetooth gshocks (eg the GW-B5600BC)


    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ziptie likes this.
    Seiko SKX007J
    Casio G-Shock GA-110
    Casio G-Shock GB-5600B-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock GX-56BB
    Casio G-Shock GXW-56-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock DW-D5500MR/GLX-5500 mash-up
    MWC Collins Automatic

  3. #3
    Member pl_gristle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    514

    Re: How to find the right G

    Trolling this forum has helped me alot. Also, if you list your precise specs, people here would make suggestions that can get you what you are looking for or at least get you in the ballpark, good luck.
    Braad, kcohS-G and yankeexpress like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member G-Drive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    FR
    Posts
    61

    Re: How to find the right G

    I don't know if that is what you want, but on Casio international website there is an good advanced search :
    https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/w...vanced-search/
    Ziptie likes this.

  6. #5
    CC
    CC is online now
    Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    1,967

    Re: How to find the right G

    Just ask some experts. You're in the right place...
    Tetsu Tekubi likes this.

  7. #6
    Member Ziptie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    694

    How to find the right G

    Thanks Braad and G-Drive for the resources. I think my requirements are modest enough that it doesn稚 narrow it down much.
    - solar
    - atomic or GPS preferred but not required
    - world time
    - 10bar minimum WR
    - high-contrast (prob not negative) display, larger digits are better
    - probably not super bulky, but that痴 an aesthetic preference. I致e got an 8 wrist and have no problem wearing analog watches in the 44-48mm range
    - under $200? This is a beater/tool.
    - I hear vibration alarms are nice

    I mostly own Citizens, and am also curious about the digital Q&Q models.

    Thanks all!
    Last edited by Ziptie; May 22nd, 2019 at 15:26.

  8. #7
    Member Rocket1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: How to find the right G

    Ask what you want and there will be sufficient advice count.
    I realize some does have features you may not thing about.
    So be daring.
    https://world.g-shock.com/asia-mea/en/products/finder/
    Slm643 likes this.
    It should be special!

  9. #8
    Member kcohS-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: How to find the right G

    Quote Originally Posted by pl_gristle View Post
    Trolling this forum has helped me alot. Also, if you list your precise specs, people here would make suggestions that can get you what you are looking for or at least get you in the ballpark, good luck.
    This is a very good advice.

    Lurking around here in f17 would pretty much show you your inner G . I joined wus after i bought 2 ana-digi ga-100’s to check its authenticity, and after a few weeks of reading topics, i was enlightened... and realized that i am really just a square guy.


    Name:  c9p7pNG.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  871.4 KB
    Wanderer16 and Slm643 like this.

  10. #9
    Member nkwatchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    746

    Re: How to find the right G

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
    Thanks Braad and G-Drive for the resources. I think my requirements are modest enough that it doesn稚 narrow it down much.
    - solar
    - atomic or GPS preferred but not required
    - world time
    - 10bar minimum WR
    - high-contrast (prob not negative) display, larger digits are better
    - probably not super bulky, but that痴 an aesthetic preference. I致e got an 8 wrist and have no problem wearing analog watches in the 44-48mm range
    - under $200? This is a beater/tool.
    - I hear vibration alarms are nice

    I mostly own Citizens, and am also curious about the digital Q&Q models.

    Thanks all!
    Hmm, most of those specs are available on most Gs, but the vibration alarm, large digits plus <$200 price point definitely narrows it down - I highly recommend any of the variants of the GD-350 (even the negative display, which ranks as one of the most legible). I had one before gifting it to a friend. They're neither solar nor atomic but the battery lasts for ages (5y) and fairly accurate.

    I also recommend just spending some time on the forum. Plenty of pics go up constantly so you're bound to find something you like.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Ziptie and Tetsu Tekubi like this.

  11. #10
    Member Rocket1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: How to find the right G

    Yep it leaves 3 choices in best bang for 200$: GD350, some of solar/MB6 squares or new resin BT square which likely best choice if you find it with positive.
    when usual suspects are clear i suggest to look for these
    GAS100-1A and brother model with MB6. analog digiatals are very superior when it comes to viewing angles. 150$ US
    Name:  GAS100-1A_large.png
Views: 53
Size:  285.6 KB
    PRG330-1 200$ US
    It does not have MB6 but very nice package similar to PRW3000/3100
    Name:  PRG330-1_large.png
Views: 54
Size:  283.7 KB
    It's ABC watch with full boatload of functions and big font in smallest package in Casio catalog.
    My personal choice would of been between analog digital and square.
    Frankly i have both.
    Prices are MSRP so chances are you can find them cheaper.
    Slm643 and Braad like this.
    It should be special!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 10
      Last Post: February 14th, 2019, 12:27
    2. How do I find the right stem?
      By brax71 in forum Watchmaking
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: October 1st, 2018, 21:46
    3. How do I find the right balance for my tissot?
      By matt1415 in forum Watchmaking
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: May 19th, 2016, 00:24
    4. Replies: 16
      Last Post: May 7th, 2015, 01:04
    5. Replies: 7
      Last Post: June 11th, 2014, 10:57

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts