How to get a GW-M5610BC

Thread: How to get a GW-M5610BC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused How to get a GW-M5610BC

I had a G-Shock GW-M5600BC imported from UK (I live in mainland Europe) for a very long time.

I really loved this watch. However, due to very unlucky circumstances, it seems the piece is lost now, which makes me sad .

I therefore have to try to get a replacement. I already found out that there was a successor released in 2012 (GW-M5610BC). However, also this one is out of stock now.

So, I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any signs the GW-M5610BC (or a newer version) will be re-released in the (near) future? (Well, I don't know how such signs could possibly look like - maybe there is some kind of interval or something)
    2. Is it possible to buy the GW-M5610BC at a reliable source at the moment?
    3. And if yes, what about the price? Is it somehow acceptable or is the watch overpriced now, as supply is very low?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: How to get a GW-M5610BC

Hmm...

i can find it at japanese ebayers for about 170€ shipped.
    Thats about the same price for this watch as bought directly here (germany) when it was available in shops.

Japanese homeland shops are usually thrustworthy.
    I ordered direct from japan several times.

You may just have to get the new one imported from further away.

amazon.COM (not amazon.uk) seems to have plenty of them: Amazon.com: Casio G-Shock Tough Solar GW-M5610BC-1JF Men's Watch: Watches

...and while I'm not an expert on importing watches directly from Japan, Rakuten seems to have quite a few as well: Rakuten Global Market: GW-M5610BC-1JF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Guten Abend und schönen Gruß aus Wien!

Thank you for your reply. I also found these offers, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to order.

So you think the price (about 170 €) as well as the reliability is not too bad. (By the way good to know that it was sold in Germany, the GW-M5600BC was a "UK-only"-model - at least in the year I bought it).

Another thing was, that the color of some of the Japanese fotos looked a bit strange - the bezel seems to be gray (mine was black)

Attachment 7180722

could also be the photo of course...

Finally, what do you think about a re-release? Can you anticipate if Casio will bring this watch to the stores again maybe next season or so? I mean this watch is beatiful, I don't understand why they stopped selling it in the first place

Thank you once more!

Thank you! Both of you!

But (aside from the remaining question of the chances of a re-release ) are all those sellers to be trusted?

I read about fakes in another sub forum of this board and would... well just not buy a fake if I had the choice

Moderator G-Shock Forum

I bought mine (5600) from UK years ago.
    The color on the photos might be overexposed.
    Ther is just the black color version. :)

I cant foresee casios market decisions.
    Im somewhat surprised about the lineup in Germany (and probably in Austria too) with some strage color-rich models offered and some more dressy and elegant models not.
    Will they re-release the BC model in EU? dont know.
    Will these models be cheaper then the current from Japan price: probably not.
    So the main risk buying it from japan is 20€ or so customs if the customs catch it.
    The German customs are not predictable in catching it.
    Sometimes 300€ watches go through without notice and land on my doorstep.
    Sometimes 30€ watches get caught and i have to pick them up at the customs office.... :-P
    Last time they catched a 30€ watch and just want me to pop up with the bill.
    I got it without paying anything (beside the cost to go there)....

Overall the Japanese selleres i dealt with are very ernest and polite. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Speendo View Post
    Guten Abend und schönen Gruß aus Wien!

Thank you for your reply. I also found these offers, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to order.

So you think the price (about 170 €) as well as the reliability is not too bad. (By the way good to know that it was sold in Germany, the GW-M5600BC was a "UK-only"-model - at least in the year I bought it).

Another thing was, that the color of some of the Japanese fotos looked a bit strange - the bezel seems to be gray (mine was black)

Attachment 7180722

could also be the photo of course...

Finally, what do you think about a re-release? Can you anticipate if Casio will bring this watch to the stores again maybe next season or so? I mean this watch is beatiful, I don't understand why they stopped selling it in the first place

Thank you once more!

Quote Originally Posted by Speendo View Post
    But (aside from the remaining question of the chances of a re-release ) are all those sellers to be trusted?

I read about fakes in another sub forum of this board and would... well just not buy a fake if I had the choice
    Most of the fakes are copied from just a few very popular models, and until the GW-9400 Rangeman came along, there weren't any solar/atomics being faked.

I've never heard of a "normal" GW-M5610 being faked, and the people making fakes make them inexpensive on purpose to maximize their profit, so they CERTAINLY aren't going to go to the trouble of making a more expensive version with a bracelet.

Plenty of people here order from Rakuten and haven't had any problems: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/pos...re-813235.html -- and don't all of the international Amazon sites offer the same level of guarantee?

Anybody who bought a fake Rangeman should have known they were conned within minutes of opening the box, so even if there WERE copies of the GW-M5610 floating around they would be easy to spot.
    Last edited by Mike K; February 23rd, 2016 at 21:13.

I see. Thank you.

Well the question about the re-release was not because of the price, but because of the fact that also the jp-models are probably manufactured in 2012 which is already 4 years ago. So at least the battery is 4 years old (the battery was also the initial reason I lost my watch).

Besides, maybe a newly released version of the watch has some cool new features...

Anyway, it seems nobody can predict Casio's market decision (this was already the case when I bought my watch).

So, thank you for your help!

I really consider buying it from japan now.

If you decided to buy that watch from the US amazon, I'm sure there is a forum member who would ship it to you. I would for example! I am sure shipping to [you, wherever that is exactly] would be quite costly, but if the watch is worth it to you....

I would however, want to look at the watch - that one is on my list because I want to see that combi bracelet. I think I'd like it.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Hmm...

i can find it at japanese ebayers for about 170€ shipped.
    Thats about the same price for this watch as bought directly here (germany) when it was available in shops.

Japanese homeland shops are usually thrustworthy.
    I ordered direct from japan several times.
    If you buy from Japan add approximately 25% for import taxes and duties.

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information