How hard is it to fix a tilted GD-350 module?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How hard is it to fix a tilted GD-350 module?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How hard is it to fix a tilted GD-350 module?

I've seen some pictures of the GD-350 online with tilted (rotated) modules. Should this occur, is it hard to fix?

One of the worst I've seen is the picture of the GD-350-8 on Amazon.

I've had quite a few Casios that I purchased on Amazon (sold by and fulfilled by them) that were obvious returns with defects. I don't believe I've had this happen with Amazon third-party sellers so far.
    Last edited by GaryK30; January 26th, 2016 at 00:51.

Re: How hard is it to fix a tilted GD-350 module?

I purchased my GD350-8 from amazon.com This thread caused me to reexamine my GD350-8. I am happy to report my GD350-8's module is properly aligned. So far, all my watch purchases from amazon.com have been good to go. Thanks for raising the question.

Name:  gd350-8 061715.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  340.2 KB
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    I purchased my GD350-8 from amazon.com This thread caused me to reexamine my GD350-8. I am happy to report my GD350-8's module is properly aligned. So far, all my watch purchases from amazon.com have been good to go. Thanks for raising the question.

Name:  gd350-8 061715.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  340.2 KB
    Yes, yours looks very good. I hope mine looks this good when I buy it.
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Yes, yours looks very good. I hope mine looks this good when I buy it.
    If you are not in a rush, keep checking amazon.com as the price for the GD350-8 changes quite often. I was able to score mine for $69.99 & FREE Shipping. If by chance, you do order and receive a bad GD350-8, you have amazon.com FREE Returns. Good luck.
    Last edited by EXCALIBUR1; January 26th, 2016 at 01:33.
    Rocat likes this.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    If you are not in a rush, keep checking amazon.com as the price for the GD350-8 changes quite often. I was able to score mine for $69.99 & FREE Shipping. If by chance, you do order and receive a bad GD350-8, you have amazon.com FREE Returns. Good luck.
    That's a very good price, and a much better price than today ($82 and change). Maybe I'll set up an alert on camelcamelcamel.com.

Thee was some threads on this in the past when this model was first released. Some thought the module was crooked. Others thought is it was the actual inner plastic parts where the four makers are that outline the center lcd area Whatever the issue was I think it's been fixed on later production runs. I had a first run 350-8 that was crooked. I sent it back for another reason. When I came around to buying it again, the module was straight, and so was a 350-1B that I bought later.
    GaryK30 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Can somebody please tell me, is there supposed to be something wrong with the first GD350 picture here? I stared at it for a bit, and I don't see anything wrong.

You want to see an obviously tilled module? Here's mine, see below. The 5600 variants are notorious for tilled modules for some reason, and you can find numerous examples of that in the forum.
    Name:  gb5600b_misalignLCD02.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  120.5 KB

LOL, Gary, I just saw you up voted my original post about the tilled GB5600B. Guess we're thinking about the same thing at the same time.

Anyway, there are many ways the GB5600B's similar to the GD350. Both with vibe alarm, both with long duration timer / stopwatch, and both able to set the timer in increment of seconds.
    Last edited by Watch_Geekmaster; January 26th, 2016 at 04:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Can somebody please tell me, is there supposed to be something wrong with the first GD350 picture here? I stared at it for a bit, and I don't see anything wrong.

You want to see an obviously tilled module? Here's mine, see below. The 5600 variants are notorious for tilled modules for some reason, and you can find numerous examples of that in the forum.
    Name:  gb5600b_misalignLCD02.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  120.5 KB
    Zoom the first GD-350 picture to full size and it's much easier to see. Look at the minutes/seconds counter area. The center line runs up from left to right. Also look at the bottom of the green area compared to the white markers on the side. To my eye it's tilted just about as much as your 5600.

If I get a GD-350 that's tilted I guess I'll either just return it or try removing the back and rotating the module a bit.
    Last edited by GaryK30; January 26th, 2016 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    LOL, Gary, I just saw you up voted my original post about the tilled GB5600B. Guess we're thinking about the same thing at the same time.

Anyway, there are many ways the GB5600B's similar to the GD350. Both with vibe alarm, both with long duration timer / stopwatch, and both able to set the timer in increment of seconds.
    Yes, I spotted your original post while looking for threads about tilted modules. I take it that you never tried to nudge yours back into alignment.

To me a tilted module is kind of like a picture hanging crooked on the wall, except that you can't move it back where it belongs so easily. It's something that bothers me, but I realize many people couldn't care less about it.

Another thing that bothers me is obvious dust behind the crystal. My AE-2000 had a big, bright white, round piece of dust almost dead centered on the crystal, which really bugged me. I opened the back, pulled the module out slightly, then used canned air to blast that piece of dust into oblivion. Problem solved. I figured worst case, it's a $25 watch. If I screwed it up, no big deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information