How I can fix a Stripped Screw?

Thread: How I can fix a Stripped Screw?

Banned

How I can fix a Stripped Screw?

I just changed the battery and oiled the gasket on my Solar PRG60 Protek analog digital barometer/compass Altimeter watch.
    I accidentally stripped one of the screws when I was tightening them up while putting the back bezel back on the watch.
    For the time being, the screws are on tight and the bezel is secure, but I'm unable to tighten that 1 screw that's stripped. Does Casio still make the screws for the PRG60? The screws are rather large. I would like to buy an extra set of screws to have as a backup. The watch is in mint condition.
    Does anybody in here know where I can get an extra set of 4 screws?
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 2nd, 2012 at 05:43.

Banned

Re: How I can fix a Stripped Screw?

Anybody?

You may call Casio see if they still carry the parts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just checked on PacParts for any of the PRG-60 models and none have screws available according to PacParts. I have ordered parts from Casio USA that weren't listed on PacParts before though, so your best bet is to call them.

Whilst you are waiting to get proper replacement screws, you might consider Loctite 'thread lock', shown here in a UK listing, I'm sure if you do a quick 'google' you could get a local supplier...

Loctite 243 Lock 'n' Seal Fast Acting Thread Lock and Sealant 3ml: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Banned

So do you think that the back plate bezel screws for the PRG60 are impossible to find? I wish that I could find a junk PRG60 on Ebay and use the screws as parts. Mine is in excellent condition except for only 1 screw being stripped on the head where the screw driver goes into to tighten and loosen it. That's what's stripped on the screw...the head of the screw.
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:07.

Banned

I'm going to try to see if Casio parts has the screws. I doubt it though.

Can you post a pic of teh backplate/screw?! Maybe somebody has got one in the parts drawer.

Thread Information