How An Ideal G-Shock Would Be?

Thread: How An Ideal G-Shock Would Be?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How An Ideal G-Shock Would Be?

Hello, can you write about what would you believe is a perfect G-Shock?

I think that all g-shocks must have titanium metal parts..titanium screws and casebacks have that "quality feeling and look"...I experienced this with the g-9100...and other mostly mechanical watches...

Its a shame that mudman and basic 5600 models haven't got it..and i don't think its about price...mudman costs the same with gulfman, so its a little stupid marketing trick to say gulfman is rust-proof and for the same price mudman isn't..they could have made the perfect Master Of G IMO but they play tricks until they have new ideas - models and re-release their old models with all the features on them...there are so little differences except the design that they make me think there could be a "perfect" g-9000/g-9100 hybrid..

Also, 5xxx models could have the protecting bar preinstalled or included in the box for a little higher price..Finding and buying separated protecting bars for every 5xxx is a little waste of time for me..a spare resin band could be a good inclusion in the box too. Ok, some people don't want a protecting bar, but hey, its a watch for hard use and needs this option. The people who don't want it they could remove or not installing it at all. More metal generally could be good if it is combined with resin like the Gundams...

What do you think? What would you add or change on a G-Shock?
    Last edited by Funkywatch; June 15th, 2008 at 16:59.

Re: How An Ideal G-Shock Would Be?

Really simple for me: multiband 5, tough solar, 24h CDT, day & date display, screwback, comfortable bands. If it has a silence mode, it'd be extra gravy.

The new Riseman has a many of these features, but alas, it has extra features that I don't need or care fore, e.g. temp, pressure.
    Buying more watches does not buy you more time.

Looking for: Seiko SCVS013; Citizen PMX56-2811; Citizen Campanola CTS57-0701.

Is the silence mode something like a screen saver? It would be cool if all Gs had something like this..I think some g-shocks have it but maybe i'm wrong..my Nike oregon has a "screen saver" and its a very very good energy saving feature...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm interested in seeing the response on this one. So many opinions on what the perfect G would be for the individuals.

I find my Frogman to be the perfect Digital, and my MTG to be the perfect analog (my grail) I finally have a collection I am truly happy with
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 4 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Quote Originally Posted by citeniK View Post
    Really simple for me: multiband 5, tough solar, 24h CDT, day & date display, screwback, comfortable bands. If it has a silence mode, it'd be extra gravy
    + titanium case, (auto)led-light, vibration-alarm, batterylevel-display and waveceptorsignal-leveldisplay(or something like that) for me
    G-Shock G-540D-9, G-2900F-2V,G-9000-8VDR,GS-1100-2ACR,G-101, DW-8950 (aka. MRG-1/1556), DW-003-1596,DW-003-1597, DW-002-1AV, , DW-5600E-1AV
    Baby-G MSG-135
    Wave Ceptor WVQ-200HE
    Edifice EF-320D-AVEF

Victorinox 4.514

Suunto Vector Black

- HIGH TECH FROM FINLAND

the Perfect G = the Perfect Grail = the Perfect Gift from friends regardless of function
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

My perfect G would be any that had normal lugs and springbars so that nylon straps (zulu/nato) can easily be passed through. I know they sell those adaptors, but that just doesn't look right.

Atomic Gulfman with titanium case.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

My perfect G would have a beefy g-shock case like a Frog or dw6900.

It would have a screwback.

It would have an awesome display like the paw1300 (maybe even with bigger digits, like a Sunto)

And as citeniK said: multiband 5, tough solar, 24h CDT, day & date display. Even better, the module would have a ton of features but allow you to turn off some or change the order that you cycle through them. If you use world time or tidegraph, go ahead and activate them - otherwise, leave them off. (OK maybe that's getting crazy )

Oh and one of the versions would come already stealthed.

- Chad

"My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information